GLG is looking for an attentive, organized, hands-on, multi-tasking Porter/Facilities Coordinator to join the Facilities Team at our New York Headquarters. One of the roles of our Facilities Team is to keep our office areas clean and maintained throughout the day. The Porter/Facilities Coordinator reports into the Office Manager, partners with the larger Facilities Team/Porter(s) and may take further direction from the third-party Facilities staff. This role consists of attending to a core set of responsibilities in an efficient manner and may be adjusted as office needs change.
Since GLG employees, council members and visitors conduct business throughout the day, the office will need to be maintained effectively and efficiently. The Porter/Facilities Coordinator will be responsible for cleaning the office, restrooms, pantries, locker areas, storage and meeting rooms, and keeping these spaces in top condition.
This role will be an integral part of the team, responsible for providing a high level of quality service to the firm.
The daily work schedule is Monday – Friday from 7:30AM – 4:30PM with the flexibility to come in early/stay late when needed.
GLG Porter/Facilities Coordinator is minimally responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Tour the office daily with high level focus on conference rooms, cubes, event space and phonebooths. Monitor overall maintenance and address/correct issues throughout.
- Check and restock standard supplies in conference rooms on a daily basis.
- Organize and maintain anchor points. Remove dishes and stock materials (such as folders, pens and tissues).
- Organize and maintain conference rooms, cubes and telephone booths. Cleaning, clearing and sanitizing whiteboards, furniture and telephones as needed. Stock paper at copy machines.
- Maintain 3rd and 4th floor pantry areas throughout the day. Load dishes into dishwasher to prevent pile up. Clean microwaves. Wipe down countertops. Sweep and Swiffer floor as needed.
- Empty dishwasher. Place clean dishes and utensils in appropriate storage areas.
- Upkeep of Coffee Machines. Perform daily cleaning and extensive cleaning on a weekly basis.
- Perform weekly refrigerator cleaning.
- Remove dishes, rubbish and leftover catering from conference rooms following meetings/events.
- Responsible for separation of recyclable items from trash disposal. Disposal of trash and recyclables according to NYC regulations.
- Clean and maintain bathroom supplies and amenities in between building staff daily cleanings. Manage inventory and notify Office Manager when supplies are running low. Any issues that require building attention should be escalated to Facilities.
- Clear and clean restroom mirrors, countertop, sink, toilets, feminine bins, stall walls and doors as needed.
- Perform all assigned cleaning tasks as well as light repairs and maintenance as needed.
- Setup and breakdown of conference rooms and events. Relocate and reconfigure tables/chairs per event requirements.
- Provide catering assistance. Accept deliveries and set-up as directed.
- Prepare coffee for the office pantries as needed throughout the day.
Awareness and Safety:
- Utilize yellow caution signs, when cleaning spills or with liquid, blocking passageway to spill or on either side of spill.
- Conduct rounds to ensure all entrances and exits are unobstructed.
- Report any defects you may see throughout the office which may require outside in-depth repairs and/or need added attention outside of scope
GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds. Across all our positions, we insist upon excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism.
- High School diploma or relevant qualification required.
- 6 – 12 months porter experience preferred.
- Able to work a flexible schedule which may sometimes include nights and weekends.
- Must be reliable and professional.
- Solid verbal communication skills.
- Prepared to execute all duties and responsibilities in a safe and timely manner.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated as well as collaborate with the broader team.
- High level of accuracy and attention to details in a rigorous, fast-paced work environment.
- Able to physically stand, bend, squat and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Willingness to run errands per needs of the business.
- Sense of urgency and ownership.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Roll up your sleeves and get the job done attitude.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors.
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 600,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,800 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.