- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The HR Generalist oversees the human resources responsibilities and activities of the company for internal employees and external clients. The HR Generalist has outstanding communication skills with meticulous attention to detail. Responsibilities include employee relations, recruitment, administration of records, payroll, benefits, regulatory compliance, training, and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist with all internal and external HR-related matters.
· Participate in developing organizational guidelines and procedures.
· Recommend strategies to motivate employees.
· Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, conducting reference checks, and issuing employment offers.
· Investigate complaints brought forward by employees.
· Coordinate employee development plans and performance management.
· Perform orientation and update records of new staff.
· Conduct employee benefit meetings and provide support.
· Maintain complete and accurate personnel files.
· Update the HRIS with employee data and prepare reports.
· Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
· Assist with budget monitoring and payroll.
· Keep up to date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
Qualifications and Skills
· Must be a self-starter who is able to plan and manage his/her own work, takes initiatives, and strives to meet expectations.
· Deep understanding of employee relationships, staffing management and training.
· Efficient HR administration and record keeping skills.
· Possess strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate clearly, both written and orally.
· Demonstrated ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and judgment in working with all levels of staff.
· High level of accuracy and efficiency.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
· Strong decision-making, problem-solving skills, and analytical thinking.
· Advanced knowledge working with spreadsheets and HRIS software.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office with aptitude to learn new systems.
· Ability to comply with local, state, and federal regulations, as well as the regulations established by the company itself.
Education and Experience
· Associate/bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related discipline.
· Additional certification (APHR, PHR &/or SHRM-CP) is a plus.
· Three (3) to five (5) years of HR or related experience.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience, or training may be considered.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential job functions but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required by the job incumbent. Nothing in the herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Equal Employment Opportunity
GL Solutions is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer (EOE, Including Disability/Vets). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin disability or protected veteran status.
GL Solutions is a small state and federal contracting firm focusing on financial management and process re-engineering. We are a dynamic team with a leadership methodology that is geared to inspire team members to take leadership roles for various projects that will showcase their strengths.