GIS Surveyors Inc. (GSi) is a growing medium sized, Geospatial firm with offices in Poway and Yorba Linda, California as well as Seattle, Washington. We have been providing solutions for our clients for over 7 years and are currently growing in the Survey department. We are seeking an experienced Survey Party Chief to join our team, ideally working out of our Poway, California office.
What separates GSi from other Geospatial firms…. is our ability to create and grow a firm focused on attracting and cultivating professionals with the expertise to seamlessly deliver innovative Geospatial solutions to our clients. We foster a culture where every single member is truly part of our team and has influence in the sound decision making process of the organization. If you’re looking for an exciting work environment that encourages creativity, innovation, professional growth and long-term career opportunities, then we may be a good match for you. Salary is negotiable, competitive and will not be a barrier to hiring the right person.
We are hiring for an experienced Survey Party Chief ready to take on challenging projects including all types of land surveying related work. The ideal candidate will be competent with all field survey equipment as well as office CADD mapping and record map/deed research. Projects include Boundary, ALTAs, Easement/Right-of Way Surveys, Topographic Surveys, GPS Control Surveys, Design surveys, aerial mapping ground support, and construction layout. Survey Party Chief will work under responsible charge of a professional land surveyor.
- Lead field crew on day to day operations
- Coordinate daily with survey manager for company vehicle and survey equipment maintenance
- Coordination with contractors and clients on project sites
- Accurate preparation & completion of daily field notes, sketches & timesheets
- Data downloading procedures
Qualifications and Skills
- 5 years’ experience as a Party Chief
- Bachelor’s degree or Land Surveyor In Training (LSIT) is preferred
- Experience with Trimble GPS and robotic total stations and scanners
- Knowledge of field survey techniques
- Knowledge of boundary and cadastral computations
- Knowledge of construction plans and specifications
- Strong mathematical skills
- Good record keeping and handwriting
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of personalities
- Good communication and organization skills
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Travel and overtime could be required
GSi offers excellent opportunities for advancement, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Company sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision and Life coverage
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Professional development reimbursement program
- Performance and career development programs
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday.