- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About the Company:
GIS Surveyors, Inc. (GSi) is a GeoSpatial Solutions company focused on bringing value to our clients and opportunities for our employees. We have been providing solutions for our clients for over 8 years and are currently growing in the LiDAR processing field. We have been an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) since 2020.
About the Role:
This position is responsible for LiDAR Data Processing and QA/QC. We have a variety of clients that seek our expertise on ensuring quality LiDAR data is delivered in a timely manner and we utilize vendors and staff from around the world to accomplish this.
We need candidates that have flexible schedules and can work with little to no supervision to accomplish the tasks assigned. Data will need to be processed, QA/QCed, corrected and produced into quality deliverables for our clients. Prior experience in LiDAR data processing is preferred but not required. Training will be provided on site. Successful candidates will be able to think spatially in a 3D environment and learn new concepts and software quickly.
- Serve as a primary resource for LiDAR data QA/QC and processing on topographic and utility surveys
- Process LiDAR data using TerraSolid products such as TerraScan to meet customer requirements
- Create vectors / planimetrics using Bentley products such as Microstation and Power Draft
- Create and edit PLS-CADD models for use by utility engineers
- Communicate and coordinate with internal staff and outside vendors on LiDAR data production.
- Provide internal daily status reports of activities.
- Other special duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one-year experience with emphasis on LiDAR data classification (preferred)
- Skilled use of Microstation, Terrascan, AutoCAD, ArcGIS, QGIS, Google Earth, and other mapping, engineering, and drafting software (preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge of surveying and mapping practices
- Demonstrated proficiency in GIS software
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Software
- Demonstrated proficiency in organizing daily and weekly plans
- Must have the desire to learn new technologies, software, hardware, methodologies and assist the LIDAR team to operate at maximum efficiency
- Individual must demonstrate energy, drive and passion for the LIDAR division to succeed
- Pay strict attention to details and always be focused on maximizing production while maintaining quality control
- The successful candidate will work well with others, be team oriented, helpful and a good problem solver
- Ability to read, write and correspond clearly and concisely
- Ability to read, understand and apply technical information from procedure manuals, written and verbal instruction, guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to understand 3D surface modeling and 3D visualization concepts
- Ability to identify and clearly communicate problems, issues with data or instructions
- Adhere to deadlines and high volume of work
GSi offers excellent opportunities for advancement, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Company sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision and Life coverage
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Professional development reimbursement program
- Performance and career development programs
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours.
GIS Surveyors, Inc.
22875 Savi Ranch PkwyYorba Linda, CA
Get fresh Geospatial Analyst jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.