GIS Surveyors Inc. (GSi) is a growing medium sized, geospatial firm with offices in Poway (HQ) and Yorba Linda, California as well as Bellevue, Washington. GSi’s sister company, ICON Utility Services, is also headquartered in Poway and is a leading provider of third-party logistics, safety services and electrical/low voltage system installation services.
We are seeking an experienced IT Administrator, primarily based in Poway, CA, to oversee both companies’ IT needs.
What separates GSi and ICON from other firms is our ability to create and grow a firm focused on attracting and cultivating professionals with the expertise to seamlessly provide innovative solutions and services to our clients. We foster a culture where every single member is truly part of our team and has influence in the sound decision making process of the organization.
If you’re looking for an exciting work environment that encourages creativity, innovation, professional growth and long-term career opportunities, then we may be a good match for you. Salary is negotiable, competitive and will not be a barrier to hiring the right person.
The main duties and responsibilities of the IT Administrator is to oversee both companies’ technology needs. Under the direction of the General Managers at GSi and ICON, this position will be responsible for providing technical assistance and desktop administration in support of the functions and operations of all office locations and remote employees.
Duties shall include:
- Perform hardware and software maintenance, updates/upgrades, and repairs to ensure optimum performance.
- On boarding new hires with the required hardware and software needs for their position.
- Assist in the creation of IT configuration standards and documentation.
- Conduct audit of existing hardware and software and maintain inventory of stock.
- Implement backup and recovery procedures.
- Participate in the design, planning, and implementation of projects where technology is required.
- Provide technical consultation, support, and training to the departments as needed.
- Research new technologies making suggestions for improvement to technology and processes.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills
A foundation of knowledge and skills in information technology and application packages are a prerequisite. This foundation could be obtained through a bachelor's degree in computer science, and other related fields, similar certified coursework in applicable fields, or related work experience in the IT or Geospatial industries.
Foundation knowledge and skills may include working knowledge of common software application packages, equipment platforms, reference database systems and sources, training methods and a basic understanding of networks, data communication, and cloud-based data systems.
Minimum Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 3 years of relatable experience.
- Workstation hardware/software installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with establishing network drives and cloud computing.
- Proficient understanding of Microsoft Windows Operating System for workstations and servers.
- Basic understanding of building/deploying desktop drive images.
- Proficiency in supporting all applications in the Office 365 Suite.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and bring to completion in a timely manner.
- End user support experience.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, sound judgment and problem solving techniques, as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
- Basic understanding of geospatial software including ESRI ArcGIS Suite, AutoDesk Civil 3D, Trimble Business Center, PIX4D and Bentley MicroStation.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record required.
We offer excellent opportunities for advancement, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Company sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision and Life coverage
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Professional development reimbursement
- Performance and career development programs
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Some flexibility in work hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” working hours. This role may require occasional work outside of normal hours to limit IT downtime during the working day as well as travel to any of the offices in either company.