Field Survey Technician (Chainman)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The survey technician (chainman) works directly with the Survey Party Chief on various tasks associated with the land surveying industry, including right of way surveys, boundary surveys, construction staking, aerial mapping, 3D laser scanning, utility surveys and associated tasks for a wide range of projects and municipalities.
As this position is entry level, the primary duties are to assist the Party Chief in the field in completing the following tasks:
- Day to day field surveying operations.
- Accurate preparation & completion of daily field notes, sketches & time sheets
- Complete field surveys for boundaries, design plans, as-builts, and other survey exhibits as directed.
- Interpret and work from construction staking calculations.
- Evaluate engineering design plans for construction purposes, as-built data, and cut sheets.
- Organize and maintain field notes, reports, data, survey equipment and company vehicles.
- Complete miscellaneous survey spreadsheets and documents as directed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or Land Surveyor In Training (LSIT) is preferred
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and basic understanding of math
- Minimal experience in the surveying/engineering industry is preferred
- Must have a readiness and willingness to learn proper survey techniques
- Must be physically fit for daily hikes through rough terrain and heavy vegetation
- Personal transportation to job sites in Southern California is required
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Travel and overtime could be required
GSi offers excellent opportunities for advancement, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package and has been an employee owned and operated company since 2020.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Company sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision and Life coverage
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Professional development reimbursement program
- Performance and career development programs
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday.
GIS Surveyors, Inc.
Get fresh Field Survey Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.