Senior Electrical Engineer (Quality)
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
GILLIG LLC is the largest and most dependable manufacturer of Heavy-Duty Transit Buses in North America. Our customers are in all 50 states, and include cities, counties, transit districts, universities and major private fleet operators. This positions is located at our headquarters in Livermore, CA.
GILLIG offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including 100% company-paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their families. Other benefits include a unique 401k profit-sharing plan and pension.
GILLIG is seeking a highly motivated Senior Electro-mechanical Engineer specializing in trouble-shooting to effectively lead root cause analysis and identify improvements for NPI development projects like the zero emission transit bus programs. This role will have high visibility within the broader GILLIG organization while working within a dynamic, fast paced manufacturing environment. He or she must have a strong desire to be very hands on when determining if an issue is design, assembly, or supplier quality related.
The Senior Electromechanical Engineer reports directly to the Director of Quality.
- Collaborate with design engineering to assure quality is designed in at concept and design reviews
- Triage data and create Paretos to help set priorities for the team
- Visit customers to understand issues, then present new process improvements to each customer
- Proactively develop processes with manufacturing engineering to prevent issues making it to the Field
- Create test rigs to perform reliability testing and determine root cause
- Function test both mechanical and electrical features on the bus to verify specification is met
- Function test RMA components to confirm failure and assess root cause
- Assist engineering in trouble-shooting issues and development projects
- Responsible for Issue Management, tracking failure modes, addressing root cause, and verifying closure of issues from assigned owners
- Lead root cause investigations related to supplier material non-conformances
- Responsible for NPI electrical assemblies and electrical subsystems hardware
- Drive issue resolution from root cause analysis to countermeasure implementation on electromechanical components and use analytical tools and techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in combination with at least 7 years of experience having Electrical Engineering responsibilities in a manufacturing environment
- Able to effectively lead quality engineers in technical projects and issues
- Extensive knowledge and experience in circuit design, assembly, harnesses, electrical test, APQP/PPAP, as well as applying quality tools such as 8D, Root-cause analysis, etc.
- Strong demonstrable experience with electrical test equipment: power supplies, multimeter, oscilloscopes, and similar equipment
- Knowledge of analog, digital, and mixed signal circuit design and analysis
- Design and develop equipment and machinery that use both electrical and mechanical technology
- Comprehensive experience with hand tools, basic power tools, soldering, and instrumentation
- Extremely proficient at reading schematics and troubleshooting
- Ability to understand complex problems and collaborate with others to provide effective solutions
- Well versed in SAE J1939 a plus
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, and conflict resolution skills
- Experience with Electric Vehicles and high voltage power systems a plus
- ASQ certification or equivalent is a plus
- Mechatronics experience is a plus
- Previous experience in vehicle or heavy equipment manufacturing preferred
ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand and walk and occasionally kneel or squat
- Up to 20% domestic travel required visiting customers, assisting suppliers’ trouble-shooting components at customers, or supplier component validation
- Start time 5AM
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor work visa’s now or in the future.
After 130 years, GILLIG holds strong to its family values and focus on its employees and customers. Our motivated and dedicated employees have a passion for quality and customer satisfaction. We are committed to building buses that connect communities, eliminate congestion, and contribute to a greener environment. Our Company pride is exemplified by the thoughtful design and quality craftsmanship present in every GILLIG bus. GILLIG’s steadfast focus on quality and unwavering commitment to exceptional customer service sets us apart from our competition.
In compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988, GILLIG has a longstanding commitment to provide a safe, quality-oriented and productive work environment consistent with the standards in which the company operates. Drug abuse poses a threat to the health and safety of GILLIG employees and to the security of the company's equipment and facilities. For these reasons, GILLIG is committed to the elimination of drug and alcohol use and abuse in the workplace. All applicants must pass a drug test before beginning work.
GILLIG is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer.
451 Discovery DriveSan Jose, CA