Manager, Warranty Operations
- Posted: over a month ago
GILLIG LLC is the largest and most dependable manufacturer of Heavy Duty Transit Buses in North America. Our customers are in all 50 states, and include cities, counties, transit districts, universities and major private fleet operators. We are headquartered in Livermore, CA.
- Leader in environmentally friendly mobility solutions including battery electric, hybrid electric, near-zero CNG and clean diesel transit buses
- Renowned for its inclusive team/family-oriented culture
- Stable, successful, and growing organization – a Bay Area business for over 132 years!
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Excellent compensation including company paid medical premiums, generous retirement plan and other comprehensive benefits
About the Role
The Manager of Warranty Operations will direct the development of a state-of-the-art warranty system to complement and strengthen our existing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform. This individual will have the opportunity to shape the future vision of this area and implement the Warranty processes and practices which will ensure GILLIG's Customer Care organization remains best in the industry for decades to come.
They will be expected to be extremely customer focused and have a strong knowledge and understanding of industry benchmark warranty practices, preferably in a heavy-duty OEM vehicle environment. Having prior experience improving the warranty function at an OEM organization with demonstrated abilities to lead and develop a high performing team into a data driven organization.
The Manager of Warranty Operations reports directly to the Executive Director of Customer Care at GILLIG. They will have ultimate accountability for all Warranty practices and will be responsible for all Warranty personnel. This position is a working manager and will require to be very hands on and can perform many of the functions that their employees do when required.
- Reviews and optimizes GILLIG warranty practices and processes on an ongoing basis
- Directs the development of a state-of-the-art Warranty system
- Effectively resolves any disputed customer related warranty issues in a professional manner
- Develops and maintains all Key Performance Indicators and dashboards for the Warranty department
- Leads continuous improvement projects targeted to improve customer experience and operational efficiencies
- Provides Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Quality departments with warranty analytics to facilitate and encourage design changes, improvements, or more stringent quality control measures
- Works together with GILLIG Finance to ensure the adequacy of the overall warranty reserve
- Works together with GILLIG Sales on customer bids to estimate potential warranty exposure for use in bus costing
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate a high performing team of 3-4 individuals through periods of change
- Manages returns process for defective parts in the field and works directly with suppliers to maximize warranty recovery
- Analytical mindset, preferably with the ability to utilize relevant IT tools in order to identify abnormalities and create warranty predictions
- Reviews Post Delivery Inspection (PDI) system reports and monitors/analyzes component replacements used during all customer deliveries
- Coordinates supply of components for all Field Service campaigns, including recalls, and tracks all progress towards resolution
- Ensures all required NHTSA reporting is completed accurately and timely
- Participates and aids subordinates to ensure proper training, safe and orderly working conditions, as well as the efficient use of labor, material, and tools. Initiates or approves related requests for equipment or staff assistance
- Recommends or approves, in compliance with policies, rules or labor agreements, personnel actions relating to employment, wage rates, advancement, discipline, etc.
- Performs other duties as required
- 5+ years of progressive warranty experience in an OEM or similar environment
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline with previous work experience and technical knowledge in a heavy-duty vehicle environment is preferred
- Previous management experience in a warranty related function
- Extensive knowledge of industry best warranty practices and systems
- Solid quantitative skill set and the ability to analyze, think and communicate with well-supported data
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to ask the right questions, help frame logical conclusions and arrive at effective solutions
- Highly motivated with strong problem solving
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task
About the Environment
- Start time:6am (negotiable)
- Primarily office environment, however, regular visits to manufacturing floor and onsite customer visits
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- 10% to 20% overnight travel required
Salary Range: $86,994 - $108,742
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor work visa's now or in the futureABOUT US
After 125 years, GILLIG holds strong to its family values and focus on its employees and customers. Our motivated and dedicated employees have a passion for quality and customer satisfaction. We are committed to building buses that connect communities, eliminate congestion, and contribute to a greener environment. Our Company pride is exemplified by the thoughtful design and quality craftsmanship present in every GILLIG bus. GILLIG's steadfast focus on quality and unwavering commitment to exceptional customer service sets us apart from our competition.
In compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988, GILLIG has a longstanding commitment to provide a safe, quality-oriented and productive work environment consistent with the standards in which the company operates. Drug abuse poses a threat to the health and safety of GILLIG employees and to the security of the company's equipment and facilities. For these reasons, GILLIG is committed to the elimination of drug and alcohol use and abuse in the workplace. All applicants must pass a drug test before beginning work.
GILLIG offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including 100% company-paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their families. Other benefits include a unique 401k profit-sharing plan.
GILLIG is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer.
AutomotiveView all jobs at GILLIG
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?