Production Associate - Medical Device Manufacturing
GI Supply Mechanicsburg, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $15 to $18 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k
Primary responsibilities of the Production Associate are to assemble medical devices and components, receiving/stocking duties, and shipping duties to include pick/pack, prepare shipping documents/paperwork, as assigned by the Operations Manager. Daily duties and assignments are subject to change, based upon production needs and logistics requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Must be detail oriented; attentive to detail.
Production/Device Assembly (as assigned)
- Assemble and/or kit light medical parts/components, and into final products, per documented procedures and work instructions;
- Operate and maintain Assembly Line equipment;
- Perform/document in-process and final inspection of assembled components; notify Operations Manager when components exceed allowable defect rates;
- Receive, inspect, stock, and ship disposable medical garment product line;
- Ensure that all materials, including in-process rejections, are properly accounted for on a daily basis;
- Package work-in-process (WIP) and finished goods, per packaging instructions;
- Accurately complete all designated paperwork and forms;
- Ensure compliance to all sanitation and hygiene policies and procedures associated with the safe handling and assembly of medical devices, as stated in company policies and work instructions;
- Ensure compliance to written procedures and ISO requirements;
Maintains a safe, clean, and professional working environment;
Perform Preventative Maintenance in support of Operator Driven Reliability;
Assist and/or support Warehouse Associates and/or Mix-Fill Cleanroom Techs;
Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma / GED or relevant experience
· 1-3 years experience in light assembly, packaging and shipping environment desirable.
· HAZMAT shipping certification desirable
· Forklift/pallet jack operator certification desirable
Individual will need to stand for extended periods. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials during the workday. Ability to lift 50 pounds using proper lifting techniques.
Position may be required to work evenings/weekends to meet production schedules.
GI SupplyWhy Work Here?
Start-up culture, fast paced growth, great people and strong pipeline of new technology through R&D, acquisitions and distribution.
We were founded more than 30 years ago and today our high-quality products are used around the world daily by gastroenterologists and colorectal surgeons in more than 40 countries to improve physician efficiency and patient satisfaction.
5069 Ritter Rd. Suite 104 MechanicsburgMechanicsburg, PA
ManufacturingView all jobs at GI Supply