Technical Writer (Heavy Equipment)
GGS Information Services, Inc. Davenport, IA
- Posted: over a month ago
GGS Information Services, a globally recognized technical publications and engineering services company serving leading manufacturers in transportation, aerospace, construction and agricultural equipment, has an immediate need for qualified candidates to fill Technical Writer positions.
This individual must be proficient in various computer software tools, be highly efficient, and must be willing to work in an environment that is fast-paced with set delivery schedules. This person will either generate publication data for incorporation technical documentation by researching engineering data that may come in the form of engineering prints, Service Bulletins, or Changes in Design; or develop Automotive/Heavy equipment troubleshooting, operator and maintenance manuals for technical publications utilizing customer-supplied source material.
PRIMARY DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
- Authors technical documentation from source material gathered from engineering resources and/or develops automotive/heavy equipment troubleshooting, operator and maintenance manuals.
- Interfaces with engineers, technical writers, product specialists and technicians.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and detailed engineering specifications is required.
- Must be proficient with a personal computer and various software including desktop publishing, spreadsheet, word processing, illustration, and database programs.
- Strict adherence to using Quality Assurance Plans and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Requires High School diploma, in addition to vocational, career, or related technical studies in technical writing or other engineering discipline along with 3 to 5 years Technical Writing experience preferred.
- Must have a strong understanding of hydraulic, electrical and mechanical systems and components, to include testing and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with heavy equipment, construction and agriculture product lines is desirable.
- Knowledge of Technical Documentation to include but not limited to Repair/Service Manuals, Operator Manuals, and Installation Procedures.
- Must be proficient in desktop publishing software including Arbortext, FrameMaker and/or InDesign.
- Extremely well organized and must be extremely detailed oriented.
- "High visibility" position--must have expert communication and computer skills and the ability to effectively work with internal and external customers.
- Can multi-task and be flexible to work when "peak" volume periods are encountered.
- Must be able to work to established program schedules, provide reports, and coordinate with global suppliers on an as-needed basis.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally for on-site customer validations.
GGS offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental and vision benefits, as well as 401(k) plan with company match and tuition reimbursement.
GGS Information Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The objective of the Company is to recruit, hire, train and promote into all job levels, the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, military service, marital status or sexual orientation.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
GGS Information Services, Inc.
EducationView all jobs at GGS Information Services, Inc.