GGET - Highland Park Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Cafe Team / Barista
Reports to: General Manager
Classification: Full-time, hourly pay
Starting wage: $16/hour + tips (Approx $23/hour with tips)
What's the opportunity?
OurCafe Team is the front line of customer service and fulfillment in our retaillocations. In this role, you will serve up drinks and experiences that brighten people’s day.You will brew delicious coffee (roasted by us, here in LA County!), you’ll serveour customers tasty drinks and food, bus tables, run food, and wash dishes. Theduties are diverse, but the jobboils down to being engaging, knowledgeable, and kind. Performingexcellent service in our coffeebars feels like hosting a great dinner party.It’s hard work, but it’s fulfilling. And if that sounds like fun to you, you’llprobably like working here.
We think that we are pretty good at teaching the technical skills it takes to be a great barista, so no prior experience in the field is necessary. What is necessary is genuine and excitement for what we do, a willingness to learn, and a desire to take care of your fellow humans.
We pool tips and add them to your paycheck. Adjusted hourly rate with tips included is about $24/hour and often more. You can expect a baseline of $7 per hour in tips. We also offer a full compliment of company sponsored health/vision/dental benefits.
What will I do?
- Bekind, engaging, and knowledgeable about our offerings and about coffeegenerally
- Bepositive and honest
- Displayexcellent hospitality to all customers and coworkers
- Hustle,serve guests with magical speed
- Display confidence and seek to constantly improve your skills in all aspects of daily coffeebar operations, including but not limited to:
- Customer service
- Coffee brewing and espresso extraction
- Drink finishing
- Serving food
- Dishwashing and general cleaning
- Handle cash and card transactions, ensuring accurate keeping of your till
- Assist in inventory and ordering of goods internally
- Stay up-to-date with all menu offerings
Take pride in the condition of your workspace
Am I qualified?
- You share our passion for coffee, food, and hospitality
- You are driven by a desire to grow community and share the things you love
- You want to a part of a team that works hard and wants to do things the right way
- You have a genuine interest and excitement in what we do
- You understand what the job is, and what it isn't
- You can do basic math
- You have availability for weekends and overall schedule flexibility
- You can provide reliable transportation to/from work
- You have a CA Food Handler’s Certification or the willingness to attain one within 30 days of hire
In order to work this job, you must be able to do the following, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Move about the cafe area frequently during your shift
- Operate job-related tools, such as coffee brewers and espresso machines
- Communicate and converse with customers throughout your shift
- Frequently move coffee/food/merch in bins weighing up to 40lbs
- Be able to taste coffee throughout your shift for quality control purposes
Some reasons you might like working here:
- We offer medical, dental and vision coverage to all employees
- One free bag of coffee per week
- Free drinks while you work
- One free drink per day when you don’t work and discounts on food and merch
- We are a team of passionate individuals who care deeply about what we do
About the Company:
Go Get Em Tiger is a growing, community focused LA based coffee retail and roasting company with ten cafes and a nascent DTC coffee subscription service. Our mission is to inspire human connection and build belonging.
We are as fanatical about supporting the communities we serve as we are about excellent quality and hospitality, and our aim is to build the most human centered hospitality company in the World.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we have facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
GGET - Highland Park
AddressLos Angeles, CA
FoodView all jobs at GGET - Highland Park