Roll Off Drivers with current CDL Class A or B with Air Brakes Endorsement
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Providing collection and processing for Waste, Recycling and Organics, GFL stretches from coast to coast with over 5000 employees. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for full time energetic and driven Roll Off Drivers in our growing company. With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, we offer the following:
- A healthy workplace culture
- Competitive wages with a 401k matching programs
- Flexible working environment and hours.
- Comprehensive benefits package
Career stability and advancement is well-within the reach of driven and motivated employees!
A Roll-Off Truck Driver is responsible for safely operating a heavy commercial truck to provide prompt and courteous delivery/removal of large containers. Driver is responsible for preparing, loading, and transporting containers to customer sites. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential, to successfully perform this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Operates vehicle in safe and efficient manner
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service related issues to Manager or Dispatch
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings
- Notifies Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Communicates with Dispatch
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required
- Positions and / or returns container on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids and or doors are properly replaced, and do not block driveway entrances or traffic
- Follows route assignments as directed – completes all necessary paperwork
- Performs all duties as scheduled and assist other drivers as directed to ensure customer needs are met
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Experience: 1-year of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL
- Current Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License with an air brake endorsement
- Acceptable driving record
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and motor vehicle record view
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous, and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner
- Good follow through ability
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth, follow and promote Company’s safety standards
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
While we’re proud to provide well-maintained equipment and state-of-the-art facilities to get the job done, GFL takes even more pride in the talented and dedicated people we employ to help ensure that our customers’ diverse waste and environmental management needs are handled safely and efficiently. At Green For Life, we enforce practical and safe work scheduling for all team members and maintain competitive wages plus comprehensive benefits packages.
GFL places the highest priority on the health and safety of the people involved in all aspects of our work. We invest in extensive safety training opportunities and work with institutes across North America to provide frontline instruction through industry-leading experts. From our first-class knowledge and strict regulatory compliance to our wide range of evaluation policies — GFL is committed to ensuring that all of our services are performed with the utmost attention