GFA International, Inc. is currently seeking a Environmental / Inspections Engineering Intern (EI or EIT) in our Port St. Lucie, FL branch.
GFA is a full-service engineering consulting firm specializing in geotechnical engineering, environmental engineering, construction materials testing, building inspections and environmental health & safety consulting. Our clients include contractors, developers, owners, engineers, architects, state and local governments, school boards, departments of transportation, universities, banks, and realtors.
- This position consists of a variety of tasks, both in the field and in the office. This may include performing and/or leading field investigations, engineering analysis, calculations and recommendations, performing phase I and II environmental site assessments in accordance with ASTM and project specific standards, Contamination Assessments, Well installation Supervision and Documentation, Well Sampling, Soil Sampling, Field Screening of Soils, Source Removal Documentation, perform threshold and special inspections, preparing cost estimates, proposals, and invoices, tracking and evaluating project progress, overseeing field operations and assisting with senior level management as needed.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects.
- Interacts with client and project team in developing scope of services and communicating project progress.
- Works under the supervision of a Professional Engineer or Geologist
- Analyze data and perform engineering calculations and analysis for managements review.
- Assist in the preparation of cost estimates, specifications, and other project related documents.
- Coordinating and managing multiple projects
- Collect, process and interpret data and complete reports
- Work closely with senior-level project manager to gain project management and engineering experience.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents/analyses
- Other duties may be assigned
- Minimum 0-5 years’ experience
- Must possess Florida EI/EIT Certificate or be currently signed up to take the Engineering Intern (EI) Examination in the State of Florida
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Geology
- Valid Driver’s License with acceptable violation history
- Candidates must be very detail-oriented individuals
- Strong work ethic – willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Strong computer skills
- Strong background in soil mechanics
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
Supporting our Team
GFA recognizes there is more to life than work. Quality of life is very important to us, and that’s why we encourage all of our employees to have a solid work-life balance. We support our employees by offering a teamwork environment, opportunities for professional growth, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Medical/Rx, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Various Types of Supplemental Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings with Company Matching Contributions
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation and Personal Time Off
- Legal & Identity Shield
Perks & Professional Development
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Wellness Activities
- Company Sponsored Events
- Reimbursement for Certifications and Professional Licensure
- Support for Participation in Continuing Education such as Workshops, Seminars, and Conferences
- Lunch and Learn Programs
- Paid Professional Association Memberships
GFA International is a Drug Free Work Place and an Equal Opportunity Employer. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
We encourage you to fully complete the application and attach a resume to have your best chance of consideration.