Director of Real Estate Acquisitions needed in New York City
Our client, a Residential Hi Rise Condominium and Rental Real Estate Investment and Asset Management firm, has an immediate opening for a highly intelligent, motivated and detail-oriented Director of Real Estate Acquisitions to head their Acquisitions Team located in New York City. This is an opportunity for an individual to join a thriving, fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial investment firm. The Director of Acquisitions will have direct participation and exposure to the acquisition and development process, and will report directly to the CIO, allowing them to rapidly expand their industry knowledge, financial structuring ability, development skills and overall business acumen. The position’s career path has significant potential within the company.
The Director of Real Estate Acquisitions must have the following skills and experience:
· Undergraduate degree with a concentration in real estate, finance, economics or other business discipline. Master’s degree a plus
· Minimum of 3-10 years of outstanding experience at a top real estate investment bank, real estate development, private equity, or consulting firm.
· Advanced Excel, Power Point and Word capabilities are required; Argus experience preferred
· Experience modeling complicated waterfall structures required
· Demonstrated track record of high achievement in demanding professional and academic settings
· Self-motivated and hard-working
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including writing/composition, oral, and listening
· Ability to think strategically and to present information in a clear and concise manner
· Strong organizational and administrative skills with a keen attention to detail
· Motivated and results-driven with strong work ethic and integrity
· Ability to network and utilize relationships in order to drive business a major plus, and a fast track to a leadership role within the company
The Director of Real Estate Acquisitions will have the following roles and responsibilities:
The Director of Real Acquisitions will play an integral role by supporting the acquisitions team in the identification and analysis of real estate investment opportunities. Major responsibilities include:
· Financial Analysis: Analyze and underwrite potential acquisition and development opportunities utilizing Excel and Argus software. Prepare cash flow models that will be utilized to evaluate real estate investments, including equity, debt and joint venture structures over range of different asset types.
· Investment Memoranda: Prepare various presentations, including deal recommendations, opportunity summaries and investment decks in connection with equity and debt financings; ability to liaise directly with lenders and capital partners.
· Due Diligence: Support the transaction due diligence and closing processes; collect due diligence
materials and assemble data rooms, utilize information to adjust underwriting, handle follow-up
information requests, review due diligence materials.
· Market Research: Provide research support utilizing online, internal and external resources. Conduct customized research projects and track competitive properties.
· Credit Analysis: Underwrite prospective senior mortgage loans, mezzanine loans and preferred equity investments in development projects.
Our client offers a highly competitive compensation Salary, benefit plan and discretionary bonus.
Best Headhunters is a team oriented search firm who provides a unique, hands-on caring approach in helping a candidate match their experience with the right job opportunity. There is never a fee to the candidate for our representation. Plus, you will receive the benefit of our extensive experience and our long-term relationships with many of America's leading companies.
We offer career coaching, and will assist you every step of the way in your goal to advance your career. For additional information on Best Headhunters and our ever-expanding employment opportunities, visit our Web sites at: www.bestheadhunters.com. We encourage candidates to be pro-active, especially in light of today's uncertain business environment in which mergers and downsizing are a common reality. This underscores the importance of placing your career in the hands of a search firm with your best interests at the core of its daily mission.
Key Words: New York City, Residential, Hi-Rise Condominium Sales and Rental Real Estate Acquisitions Director, Analytical / Financial, Highly effective communicator
Why Work Here?Residential Real Estate Luxury Hi-Rise Condo developer
Long standing, highly respected company