Information Technology Specialist
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
geocgi is looking for a Senior Systems & Cyber Engineer with an analytical mind and a detailed understanding of cybersecurity methodologies and frameworks to assist in analyzing, planning, implementing, securing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and enhancing complex systems or networks consisting of a combination that may include On-Premise, Cloud-based, or Hybrid LANs/WANs, Storage Arrays, and the physical, virtual, and logical components that integrate these systems together as an enterprise networking backbone or platform. This platform is critical in driving and securing solutions for our internal and external customers. The candidate may work from home within a reasonable driving distance of our office in Alexandria, VA.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A self-starter, internally motivated, persistent, and dedicated to improving IT and Cyber business processes and identifying and implementing best-in-class solutions.
- Display excellent understanding of technology infrastructures using Firewalls, VPNs, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), IDS/IPS, and Security Audits.
- Possess advanced knowledge of hardware and software systems.
- Comfortable working with various technologies, security problems, troubleshooting the network, effectively resolving technical issues, and implementing cost-effective solutions.
- Curious and relentlessly determined to pursue innovation and implement emerging technology continuously.
- Proactive and able to anticipate IT and security trends.
- An innovator who desires to create buy-in and meet or exceed the expectations of peers and the customer.
- Passionate about IT and Cybersecurity.
As an employee of geocgi, the Senior Systems & Cyber Engineer will have access to a generous benefits package, in addition to a corporate culture and community of GIS geeks. Our benefits include but are not limited to:
- Competitive salaries, commensurate with experience and leading Federal Contractors in the geospatial industry.
- Opportunities for upward mobility in a dynamic fast paced environment within a small company.
- Merit-based spot and end of year bonuses
- Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with immediate vesting
- Flexible work hours and PTO
- Complete Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for individuals
- Company paid training, certifications, and professional growth and development.
The following are requirements of the Senior Systems & Cyber Engineer
- US citizen.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- BA/BS; Cybersecurity, Computer Science, IT, System Engineering, Mathematics, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ related experience in IT operations, cybersecurity, or cloud infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of DoD and NIST Frameworks/Compliance (RMF, 800-171, DFAR, CMMC, CC SRG).
- Experience architecting and implementing secure networks and solutions.
- Understanding of advanced cyber threats and Cyber Threat Intelligence.
- Proficiency in Python, C++, Java, Ruby, Node, Go, and/or Power Shell.
- Proficient with Linux, Unix, and Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with services from a FedRAMP-authorized cloud provider.
- Ability to work independently and proactively to take the initiative to solve complex problems.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
The following are desired capabilities and experience of the Senior Systems & Cyber Engineer:
- AWS Technical Certification as Developer or Solutions Architect.
- Active Cybersecurity Certification - CompTIA (Security+, PenTest+, CySA+ or CASP+), CISSP, CISA, or ability to obtain.
- Strong Azure knowledge/experience
- Experience with Microsoft GCC High
- Prior experience working on networks in highly regulated industries.
Please visit our website and careers page at: www.geocgi.com to apply. geocgi provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. As a U.S. Federal Contractor, geocgi complies with COVID-19 vaccine mandates for all personnel as outlined by Executive Order 14042.
GEOSPATIAL CONSULTING GROUP INTERNATIONAL LLCAlexandria, VA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.