As part of a team, the Engineering Designer will research and develop ideas for new products and the systems used to make them and work to improve the performance and efficiency of existing products position. This position will be responsible for down-hole energy tool development, testing, and manufacturing support. Entry level position will require intensive effort to learn industry specific knowledge in order to rapidly contribute to challenging product development and design.
- Rapid expansion of skills and ability in product development through hands on involvement in projects.
- Ability to research and learn needed technical skills to accomplish design tasks.
- Work with various designs through the prototype phases of development and be able to take technical direction from senior staff and provide feedback.
- Accurately document product development and maintain project books.
- Communicate technical analysis to Sr. Engineers on projects.
- The ability to troubleshoot mechanical equipment and associated components.
- Provides technical support to manufacturing.
- Transitions products from engineering to manufacturing and provides all the necessary documentation for production.
- Occasional travel is required for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering required
- 1 - 4 years of experience in engineering or technical internship
- Technical background, manufacturing experience, knowledge of tool and machine design highly desired.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, managers and customers.
- Intermediate to Advanced Computer skills (MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint)
- Must be able to read blueprints and use SolidWorks
- Ability to analyze information and make decisions