Customs Brokerage Agent
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Customs Brokerage Agent is responsible for coordinating and executing shipments to ensure adequate service levels of clients are met. This position supports the company's day to day functions and is the direct liaison for assigned shipments.
Job Duties: -
- Serves as the customer service liaison between the Company and the customer
- Processes Custom and OGA (other government agency) entries for clearance of goods into the United States.
- Opens files, enters notes, information and document requests in Cargowise and/or AS400 system
- Classifies invoice based on HTS (Harmonized Tariff Schedule)
- Sends information/document requests to company's employees, suppliers, service providers and/or U.S. Government agencies as needed.
- Communicates with specified offices, departments, and teams on all issues affecting customs brokerage
- Files document requests, correspondence and documents in a file folder identified by the applicable shipping/reference number
- Ensures compliance with regard to U.S. Government regulatory agencies such as FDA, EPA, FCC, Fish & Wildlife, etc.
- Coordinates shipping details with U.S. Forwarders, Steamship Lines, Airlines, Agents, etc.
- Convert and verify shipment weight, volume and foreign currency
- Maintain communication with customers, carriers and vendors
- Coordinate pick-ups and invoice files
- Assist customers with questions, complaints, requests, tracking and tracing
- Handles accounting processes accurately and in a timely manner.
- Coordination of shipments from airline, ocean piers and CFS (container freight station) to customer/consignee destination.
- Review documentation or issue documents to meet government regulations and carrier regulations.
- Must have knowledge of buying/selling rates to ensure profitability
- Ensure email and telephone calls are promptly and politely answered
- Other duties as required and assigned
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
- Minimum 3 years experience in customs brokerage or an equivalent combination of both education and experience.
- Knowledge of U.S. Government Agency requirements
- Knowledge of U.S. Customs and OGA clearance of freight
- PC literate with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Work, Access and Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that demonstrate a proven ability to develop relationships with a range of internal and external customer.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to multi task
- Mathematical skills essential to ensure accuracy in calculations
No matter what position you’re in – you will find yourself contributing to the development and success of your career and our customers.
390 Franklin AveFranklin Square, NY
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at GEODIS
Get fresh Customs Brokerage Agent jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.