Elementary/Middle School Teacher
GEO Prep Mid-City Greater Baton Rouge Baton Rouge, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are building a team of continuous learners!
Do you like refining your craft?
Receive support from your peers and school leaders on a regular basis?
Would you like to learn innovative practices, using nationally recognized strategies and curricula?
We believe it takes a team to lift a school and a community. Do you?
Then we are for you!
Do you want to help students do more to close the achievement gap?
Do you have a “whatever it takes” attitude?
Are you the type of person who brings their A game to work every day?
Then we want you on our team!
Check out this short video for a glimpse of what we are all about!
- A bachelor’s degree or higher with at least 24 credit hours in content area
- Valid Louisiana Teaching License for Grades K-5 or 6 preferred
- Strong technical skills, particularly in integrating technology in the classroom to drive academic achievement
- Demonstrated volunteer or community service
- At least one (or more) of the following:
- National Board Certification
- TAP Experience (sign on bonus for TAP certification)
- Core Knowledge Experience
- Experience with Blended Learning
- At least two years of successful teaching in an urban environment
- Plan and implement a blended learning environment, providing direct and indirect instruction in the areas of Social Studies, Science, Language Arts, Health, and Mathematics based on state standards
- Participation in all TAP requirements, focusing on data-driven instruction
- Create an inviting, exciting, innovative and engaging learning environment that develops student critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Prepare students for strong academic achievement and passing of all required assessments
- Communicate regularly with parents
- Continually assess student progress toward mastery of standards and keep students and parents well informed of student progress by collecting and tracking data, providing daily feedback, weekly assessments, and occasional parent/teacher conferences
- Work with the Special Education teachers and administration to serve special needs students in the classroom
- Attend all grade level and staff meetings and attend designated school functions outside of school hours
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom you are responsible
- Accept and incorporate feedback and coaching from administrative staff
- Perform necessary duties including but not limited to morning, lunch, dismissal, and after-school duties
- Perform other duties, as deemed appropriate, by the principal
- Dress professionally and uphold all school policies