Quality Control Manager (with shipping experience), U.S. East Rutherford, NJ
East Rutherford, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
Quality Control Manager, U.S. East Rutherford, NJ
GENLED Brands is looking for a full-time Quality Control Manager with shipping experience to work in our East Rutherford, NJ, headquarters. This position will report to the Warehouse Manager and will be responsible for logistical planning, pick/pack and scheduling for outgoing orders to meet customers’ requirement. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in shipping (receiving is a plus) for domestic and international freight. The functions of this position demand consistency, high attention to detail, accuracy and strong organizational skills.
- Utilize knowledge to plan, quote, dispatch LTL and Truckload carriers to end users.
- Interact with various freight forwarders to schedule pickup and delivery.
- Work with carriers to alleviate refused deliveries, damaged freight issues and freight claims.
- Prepare export documents for international shipments according to company procedures, guidelines and Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Monitor customs clearance and regulatory holds and follow up with customers as needed.
- Ensure coordination of required paperwork/documentation including bill of lading, address label, Certificate of Conformity (CofC), duties, domestic tax invoices, shipping information and carriage terms.
- Assemble orders and prepare goods for shipment.
- Record shipment data including weight, charges and space availability.
- Complete shipping reports.
- Effectively and promptly communicate (verbally and electronically) all applicable load concerns, special considerations, customer service complaints, etc., to warehouse management.
- Ensure that all system transactions are accurate and timely to reflect correct inventory position at any time.
- Maintain a clean, neat, member-ready area.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- 3+ years of domestic and international shipping experience (receiving is a plus)
- Knowledge of international shipping guidelines and customs procedures (mandatory)
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Forklift experience (certification is a plus)
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems
- Experience with MS Dynamics Great Plains
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs
- Strong communication skills and teamwork mentality
AddressEast Rutherford, NJ
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?