Software Engineer Java Developer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
You will join a team of web developers and software engineers to implement solutions as needed, including support and maintenance of build tools, maintenance of software releases and updates for the existing infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
The position is on-site at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) located in Bethesda, Maryland.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Design and develop code that joins various applications in the build pipeline
· Engineer and release new technical solutions
· Manage, document, and enhance software products and implementations
· Oversee and ensure timely software releases for organizations
· Analyze design patterns (singleton, factory, visitor, observer) and code written in Java
· Download, patch, and update systems and applications
· Support and troubleshoot Java based applications and code based on customer needs and bug fixes. Implement changes and bug fixes.
· Collaborate with colleagues to monitor existing systems and perform maintenance support
· Collaborate with personnel like testers and developers to fix software build issues and to deploy Java based applications
· Work as an integral part of an agile product team to deliver an unbelievably great user experience
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in computer science, information technology, or related discipline.
· Three (3) plus years of experience
· Expert Linux skills: bash/perl/cron
· Proficient at Java web applications operational support: servlets, Tomcat webserver
· Understanding of MySQL databases
· Experience with Java build tools and packages, design patterns, and multithreading
· Knowledge and experience in Java programming
· Experience with GitLab/GitHub/BitBucket
· Proficient at agile techniques and practices
· Customer-focused and team-oriented
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to independently investigate and quickly resolve complex issues with minimal guidance.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and shift priority as directed.
· Experience with AWS, GCP or Azure
· Experience with MySQL JOINs, aggregate functions, transactions, INNODB vs MyISAM
· Solid understanding of web development
· Experience with customized tools for builds