This opportunity will be based in Oak Ridge, TN and support the Uranium Processing Facility Project (UPF) at the Y-12 National Security Complex. Once complete, this facility will be a first-of-its-kind complex for enriched uranium operations in support of Y-12 missions. It is one the Department of Energy’s (DOE) largest investments in Tennessee since the Manhattan Project and one of the National Nuclear Security Administration’s (NNSA) largest construction projects.
- Position will assist in the formation and administration of contracts and purchase orders for jobs related to UPF. Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with other project functional groups (primarily Engineering, Construction, Project Management, etc.), suppliers and related personnel to establish clear definition of requirements and to assure performance to contract terms and conditions. Position will also prepare bidder prequalification, bidder lists, bid solicitation, bid analysis, and execute contract commitments and performs post-award administration of assigned contracts.
- Administer assigned purchase orders, performing functions that include:
- Establishing files and controls for all outgoing and incoming correspondence on each assigned order.
- Monitoring supplier performance for conformance to commercial terms.
- Initiating follow-up actions with supplier or in-house functional group to ensure performance in accordance with contract terms and conditions.
- Preparing, issuing, negotiating and implementing post-award contract changes.
- Recommend and secures approvals in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintain working relationships with project Procurement personnel, along with bidders and suppliers involved with the performance of assigned tasks.
- Report to and receive operational direction Purchasing Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business (Supply Chain preferred) or related field and 10+ years of experience related to procurement.
- Experience in lieu of education will be considered.
- Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Basic understanding of government contracts.
- Past experience working on an engineering, procurement and construction project preferred.
- Due to nature and location of position, must be a US Citizen and capable of acquiring a government security clearance.
About GEM: We are a federal contractor to the Department of Energy, its major contractors, and state-level and commercial agencies throughout the nation. Founded in 1994 as an engineering and technical services company, our service lines have since expanded to include environmental remediation, facilities maintenance, construction, demolition, and waste management. We are headquartered near Oak Ridge, TN, and provide nationwide services in locations that include Texas, Illinois, Kentucky, New Mexico, Ohio, Georgia, and South Carolina.
GEM Technologies Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer