GEM Technologies, Inc. (GEM) is seeking a Benefits Accountant to join our team at the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, TN, which supports integral mission support to the NNSA. Key skills for this role will include strong analytical expertise and knowledge of federal regulations.
This position will serve the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, TN.
About the site: https://nnsa.energy.gov/aboutus/ourlocations/y-12-national-security-complex
- Analyze system data to determine compliance with the Plan Documents, DOL requirements, and IRS regulations.
- Review financial data for inaccuracies that may exist between data and governing agencies.
- Apply regulatory requirements to ensure conformity with federal regulations including USERRA, DOL and IRS.
- Interpret results of complex datasets to develop solutions to maintain compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field and 5+ years of experience in an HR compliance focused role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with at least 5+ years of experience with reporting and data analysis.
- Familiarity with federal regulations including DOL and IRS.
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting
About GEM: We are a federal contractor to the Department of Energy, its major contractors, and state-level and commercial agencies throughout the nation. Founded in 1994 as an engineering and technical services company, our service lines have since expanded to include environmental remediation, facilities maintenance, construction, demolition, and waste management. We are headquartered near Oak Ridge, TN, and provides nationwide services in locations that include Texas, Illinois, Kentucky, New Mexico, Ohio, Georgia, and South Carolina.
GEM Technologies Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer