Junior Geologist/Environmental Scientist
GEM Group, Inc. University Heights, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Find an ambitious Environmental Professional willing to work hard and grow with a small environmental consulting company in the Southern CA. The Environmental Professional will work as a full-time employee who will work from home and is confident to work independently. Training will be provided to the qualified candidate.
JOB DUTIES AND TASKS:
· Assist Project Manager in conducting environmental site assessment and writing required reports following ASTM standards and other regulatory requirements.
· Prepare and manage Phase 1 and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments
· Conduct site inspection and evaluate environmental conditions at a property that may affect subsurface (e.g., soil and groundwater).
· Conduct sampling (soil, soil vapor and groundwater)
· Analyze/Interpret geological, geochemical, and geophysical information from sources such as survey data, well logs, boreholes, and aerial photos
· Prepare geological maps, cross-sections, charts, tables, and reports using data collected in the field and laboratory
· Conduct research to identify, control or mitigate sources of pollutants or hazards affecting the environment and public health
· Review environmental documents prepared by other consultants (peer) and provide evaluation, conclusion, and recommendation.
· Evaluate and propose site characterization/investigation and/or remedial action
· Travel for projects as assigned by the Project Manager.
· Request, receive, and obtain information from all relevant sources (regulating agencies for counties and municipalities)
· Compile, calculate, tabulate, or verify information or data
· Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution
· Write technical reports and proposals with a focus on QC
· Data entry; compile reports; maintain electronic filing system
· Schedule appointments with clients and different agencies for report request, review, or pick up.
· Attitude (highly motivated with excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to work independently or as part of a team)
· Multi-task (have the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time)
· Communication (communicating effectively in speaking and in writing)
· Critical Thinking (using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems)
· Time Management (managing one's own time and the time of others)
· Active Listener (giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times)
· Complex Problem Solving (identifying complex problems and evaluate options to come up with the implementation of the most appropriate solutions)
· Equipment Handling (determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job site assignment)
· Quality Control Analysis (conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance)
· Minimum B.S. in Environmental Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or another related field in science (in accordance with ASTM)
· At least 2 to 5 years of direct, relevant work experience in California
· Knowledge of current and emerging California groundwater policies and procedures with expertise in RWQCB and DTSC directives and goals
· Work with minimum supervision and make on the spot decisions based on the current situation
· California P.E. or P.G. license is a plus.
· English Language (knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar)
· Geography (knowledge of principles and methods for describing the features of land, sea, and air masses, including their physical characteristics, locations, interrelationships, and distribution of plant, animal, and human life)
· Engineering & Technology (knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services)
· Law & Government (knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process)
· Chemistry (knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods)
· Public Safety & Security (knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
· Be able to travel for assigned projects
· Driving skills necessary and must own a vehicle
· Be able to work independently
· Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel; another computer skills a plus
· Work 30-40 hours a week
· Negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
- End -
Environmental Consulting ( Geological and Enviromental Management)
GEM Group, Inc.Why Work Here?
A small start-up environmental consulting company that is fastly growing. Qualified Candidate can grow with the company.
see www.mygemgroup.com for what we do and who we are Environmental Consulting ( Geological and Enviromental Management)
967 Kendall DriveUniversity Heights, CA
ScienceView all jobs at GEM Group, Inc.