- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Colorado Springs, CO
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A Project Engineer (PE) will be responsible for facilitating Requests for Clarification (RFCs) and submittals, coordinating materials, quality control, and assisting Project Managers (PMs) and Superintendents in accomplishing GEJCC projects.
- Promote a “zero injury” safety culture.
- Review scopes of subcontractors and vendors and interpret contractual obligations. Review and decipher contract documents.
- Create and finalize Requests for Clarification (RFCs) and Requests for Information (RFIs) in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Create and manage the submittal process in accordance with SOPs.
- Assist with material procurement by getting submittals in punctually, developing or assisting the Sr. PE to develop a procurement log, reviewing and updating the procurement log, and supporting the schedule and determining lead times to ensure materials are delivered on time.
- Support the PM/Superintendent in project meetings, including capturing meeting discussions, issues, and questions, and printing and distributing meeting minutes.
- Serve as the primary liaison for communication and deliverables for responsible scopes of work.
- Oversee document control and electronic filing by organizing files and following the file structure per the SOP, assisting the Sr. PE/APM with saving and filing project documentation, and maintaining and organizing weekly progress picture folders.
- Support the Sr. PE with project quality control (QC) in accordance with the Quality SOP.
- Support the Sr. PE/APM/PM with GE Johnson and owner/architect punchlists by documenting punchlist items and ensuring items are completed, as required, in accordance with the Quality SOP.
- Support the Sr. PE/APM/PM with closeout.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Management, or the equivalent
- Experience equivalent to a Construction Management Internship, or other background demonstrating application of knowledge and skill requirements
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Project Engineering experience in a commercial construction environment
- Experience with Prolog and/or other construction management software
- Experience with ASTA and/or other construction scheduling software
- Experience with Bluebeam
- Experience with Navisworks or other 3D design modeling software
- Experience leading a team
- Valid driver’s license and ability to obtain certification as GE Johnson approved driver
- Stormwater reporting experience
- Experience in public speaking/presentations
- OSHA10 completion
- Experience reading and interpreting contracts
- Eligible to enroll in medical, dental, vision benefits on first of month following 30 days of employment
- Company paid short-term and long-term insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- 401(k) and ROTH 401(k) with match on first 6% contributed
- Opportunity for bonuses
- If this position requires relocation, this position may be eligible for relocation reimbursement subject to GE Johnson's relocation reimbursement agreement
- Paid Time Off benefits, based on GE Johnson Paid Time Off policy
- 7 paid holidays
Pay Range: $60,000 - $80,000
GE Johnson is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
GE Johnson Special Projects
Get fresh Intern Project Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.