We are seeking a Heavy Equipment Operator to become a part of our team!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comply with all safe equipment operation practices
- Correctly complete an Equipment Checklist daily for multiple pieces of equipment
- Safely operate earthwork equipment on construction projects
- Excavate, backfill, grade and compact soil to proper line and grade
- Perform walk around inspection, check fluid levels on equipment
- Perform all preventative maintenance for equipment to assure efficient and safe working conditions by identifying damage or leaks on equipment and reporting it to the appropriate supervisor
- Transport equipment to and from jobsite
- Repair equipment as necessary and appropriate
- Perform labor duties that are associated with earthwork related tasks
- Fill out daily trench excavation reports
- Identify Class A, B, or C type soils and know proper excavation procedures for different types
- Load trucks with different material and not overload
- Layout excavation via GPS Rover system
- Perform wet utilities work
- 3+ years of experience with a minimum of 4,000 hours seat time
- Knowledge of UNCC Locates law and identifying and explaining what each locate color represents
- Experience in Excavator GPS machine control
- Must own or purchase the following before starting at GE Johnson: Engineers Rule, Tape Measure, Eye Level, 4' Level
- Knowledge of how to change a cutting edge/teeth and grease equipment at the proper level
- Knowledge of how to set up outdoor laser, what a benchmark is, and read an engineer rule
- Knowledge of OSHA rules on building stockpiles and distance of spoils on edge of excavation and staying current in trench shoring safety.