USA, Louisville, KY
Job Posting Title
Associate Software Engineer
Join the Software Development Team & help develop the embedded controls for the next generation of high-end, consumer friendly, & energy efficient appliances. We provide learning opportunities, challenges, and support for our engineers and expect them to continue learning and growing while contributing in many different aspects of a product development life cycle.
What you will Do
Join our software team which is applying the latest techniques in software development such as Agile, TDD, Continuous Integration, and Testing Automation to embedded software. Every day, we push ourselves to find innovative solutions, produce higher quality code, and deliver it on schedule.
- We're a small to medium sized team located in Louisville and Seoul (most full-time developers have had the opportunity to travel to Seoul)
- We work in a resource-constrained environment with (generally) no heap, and primarily run bare metal but some projects use an RTOS
- We use the industry-leading version control system Git
- We are Agile!
- We're heavily invested in Test Driven Development (TDD) which is a great way to work
- We use continuous integration to automate builds and identify issues quickly
- We're invested in continuous learning and full-time developers have the opportunity to attend software conferences
- MacBook Pros are available to all developers in Louisville and the vast majority choose to use a Mac
- We're doing a lot of work towards making connected appliances - this means creating both highly debuggable platforms for development as well as enabling Internet of Things (IoT) functionality
- B.S. Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum GPA: 2.5
- Software Languages: C
- Knowledge of Embedded Software Development Tools
- 2-3 Rotations as a Co-op with GE Appliances
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Experience in implementing TDD
- Software Languages: C++, Lua, JS
- Experience using emulators, oscilloscopes, simulators and software analysis tools.
- Experience with resource limited microcontrollers
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.