Commercial Energy Efficiency Specialist- ME
GDS Associates Inc Hallowell, ME
- Posted: over a month ago
GDS Associates, Inc. has an opportunity for a CommercialEnergy Efficiency Specialist in the Energy Efficiency and Renewable EnergyDepartment based out of the Augusta, ME office. This person will be responsiblefor supporting the Efficiency Maine Commercial & Industrial Prescriptiveand Small Business Programs. The individual will provide advice andrecommendations on projects to customers and contractors, complete eligibilityreview of incentive applications and complete on-site inspections. They mayhave to present presentations and program training to customers and/orcontractors as needed.
The main responsibility will be to provide technical supportto the Program Delivery Manager with:
- Complete project reviews and pre-approvals for project eligibility.
- Complete pre- and post-installation inspections (visual inspections to confirm the proposed materials were installed as specified).
- Provide technical advice and information to Maine businesses on the selection and purchase of energy-saving equipment for which Efficiency Maine offers incentives (primarily lighting and HVAC).
- Explain program details and criteria, the application process, including the documentation and forms that are part of the process, and provide advice on other technical resources that are potentially available to support the participant's efforts. Also assist the participants in the application completion process.
- Assistance to Maine businesses with locating participating suppliers and contractors (Qualified Partners) in Maine that can assist in the installation and maintenance of energy efficient equipment.
- Assistance to Maine small businesses with application processes for available Efficiency Maine commercial loans.
- In-person and online training on energy efficiency measures offered through the Efficiency Maine C&I Incentive Program to Qualified Partners, and ongoing technical support to address any questions or concerns they may have.
- Provide support to miscellaneous outreach and research tasks as needed.
The Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Department (EERD)provides expertise in addressing the complex economic, engineering, scientific,and governmental issues associated with energy efficiency, demand response andrenewable energy resources that impact utilities, government agencies,developers, and their customers. Renewable Resource Portfolio Standardsassessment and development, integrated (renewable, fossil-fueled and energyefficiency technology) Resource Planning support, feasibility and marketpotential studies, expert testimony, rate impact analysis, and renewable energyresource risk assessments are just a few of the valued services offered by ourexpert staff of policy strategists, engineers, and analysts.
- Associates/Technical degree or a minimum of two (2) years'experience in energy efficiency or similar experience. Full competency in allaspects of subject matter or functional area of assignment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Unique Skill Sets: Proficient use ofmicrocomputer-based word processing, database programming, spreadsheet, e-mailand presentation software.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasksconcurrently with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must pass background check and have owntransportation.
GDS Associates Inc
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at GDS Associates Inc