• 0-3 years of Experience.
• Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors.
• Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
• Strategic Sourcing Buyer
What you will do
• You are responsible for all operational and advanced procurement activities within the given sub-commodities while ensuring compliance with overall objectives, strategies and BOS procedures.
• You are also responsible for the management of all suppliers within the commodity group.
How you will do it
1. Coordination of Program Procurement activities over specific Product Business Units to ensure excellent product launches
2. Control and approval of all Program Procurement activities specified in PDP and decisions in line with customer demands and category strategies
3. Ensure smooth product launches by controlling the acquisition, sourcing on time, in line with cost book and VSR targets, maintaining procurement results until start of production
4. Guarantee financial control over complex, modular programs from phase 0-5 and over lifetime
5. Ensure the cost-, quality and time-oriented supply of all required goods, materials, equipment’s and services under compliance with the respective business plans, budgets and targets
6. Initiate and support of proper Make or Buy decisions
7. Initiate and support MBBP Activities (incl. VA / VE and Kaizen activities)
8. Guarantee compliance with BOS, PDP and POS procedures
9. Manage the Suppliers within the given programs (Request for Quotes RFQ, change management, contract negotiations, payment queries, dispute resolutions etc.)
10. Support to implement strategies and actions to reduce suppliers, in line with agreed targets
11. Support implementation of Global Commodity strategies
12. Implement strategies and actions to achieve FY (Fiscal Year) cost reduction goals, including PO-to-PO (Purchasing Order) reductions and rebates
13. Support accurate and timely reporting of key measurables
14. Improve working capital through optimum payment terms
15. Implementation and continuous improvement of standardization activities
16. Support and implement diversity strategies
What we look for
• Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years experience in procurement including buying and managing commodities.
• Ability to gather, relate and summarize information into logical conclusions.
• Strong interpersonal skills required to interact with internal customers and suppliers.
• Highly motivated individual capable of handling multiple responsibilities.
• Demonstrated leadership, organization, planning, administration and team playing skills.
• Requires advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to use business systems software.
“This is a contract position for an initial duration of 10+ MONTHS with the possibility of extension or going permanent, depending on your performance as well as the manager’s needs”.