• Uses microscope to verify correct part placement and orientation, manually align parts before soldering and perform post re-flow inspection and touch-up.
• Able to identify and touch up poor wetted solder joints, solder voids / insufficient solder, solder shorts/ bridges, misaligned parts / leads, tombstoned and or billboarded components and any out solder defects that may occur during the SMT operation.
• Must be able to read instructions and identify standard SMT components.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment where some overtime may be required.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time and focus on tedious tasks.
• Must have basic computer skills and have the ability to use several windows based programs as part of your daily routine.
• Obtain all necessary information to perform job assignment and report any discrepancies to appropriate personnel
• Plan, lay out, assemble, wire and solder complete electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and apparatus such as PC boards, controls and control panels, assemblies.
• Read and interpret schematics and wiring diagrams to perform point-to-point assembly, where assemblies and subassemblies require wiring and soldering of large masses of wires in confined spaces
• Perform electrical/electronic and mechanical assembly tasks working as a member of an assembly team as assigned
• Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar position and have above average surface mount and fine pitch soldering skills.
• Ability to work under a microscope for long periods of time to perform inspection / solder repair.
• Must be able to read and interpret assembly drawings.
• Strong communication and organizational skills and ability to work in a team oriented environment.
• Experience working in a LEAN Manufacturing environment
• Strong leadership, mentoring and training aptitude
• IPC-610 Certification
• IPC J-STD-001 Certification