Prefer experience with JDE
The Accounting Clerk a highly visible role within the Mill Finance team for two distinct and different mill operations.
Responsibilities include month end closing accruals and journal entry, managing the purchase to payment process for the Mill operations.
Purchase to payment role will include researching and solving all aspects of the invoice payment process, including working with the team, interacting with Engineering, Purchasing, Operations, and General Manager, and contact with mill suppliers.
You will also have an opportunity to establish a process of managing open purchase orders and receipts, affect change and drive continuous improvement.
How you will impact client:
• Highly visible role providing various Accounting functions for the Mill team. Providing timely month end closing tasks, budgeting and forecasting, and managing the mill vendor invoice payment process.
• You will work closely with Management,invoice processing team, and mill suppliers.
• Examples of month end closing duties:
o Develop and manage the month-end accounts payable accrual.
• Examples of purchase-to-payment duties:
o Monitoring, and keeping current, receipts not yet vouchered.
o Researching invoice errors and keeping the error queue current. Working with staff, and mill vendors to solve outstanding issues.
o Establish and maintain a process to manage open purchase orders.
o Investigate a process to improve vendor receipts through scanning into vendor payment system.
What you need to succeed:
• 1-3 years of related experience required.
• Associates degree in Business Administration/Accounting minimum.
• Strong problem-solving skills with a passion for attention to detail.
• Independent thinker, strong communications personal relationship skills.
• Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word. Knowledgeable in Accounting practices, such as general ledger, journal entry, accounts payable, inventory, etc. Knowledge of JD Edwards helpful.
• Working knowledge of purchase to payment required, including purchase orders, receipts, 3-way invoice match process.