- Posted: over a month ago
GD Energy Products – New Name, Same Legacy
The company you have known as Gardner Denver High Pressure Solutions has a new name – GD Energy Products. Now for more than 160 years, we have made it our business to lead the industry with unmatched products and services; and I can promise that while our identity may change, deep down, who we are as a company never will.
GD Energy Products is looking for a Warehouse Operator to work in Bossier City, LA.
When joining GD Energy Products, you will be eligible for many of our competitive benefits, including: vacation, 401K matching, paid holidays, sick days, full medical/dental/vision benefits, short/long term disability, maternity/paternity leave and many more.
Work Schedule – Monday – Friday (7 AM – 5 PM) with occasional weekend work on a rotating schedule. Overtime eligible.
Working under minimal supervision, provide accurate and timely inbound and outbound movement of materials, parts, sub-assemblies and full assemblies. Position involves use of equipment and movement devices including cranes, forklifts, pallet jacks, ladders, stairs, or pneumatic lifts, and rolling carts to assist in receiving inbound freight, pull inventory items for use or shipment, and to load and unload trucks. Additionally, driving to various work sites to complete inventory of consignment parts. Position requires accurate inventory counts, detailed paperwork and strong communication skills.
- Counts, weighs and accurately identifies all items received and shipped. Ensures that materials are verified against vendor’s invoices, bills of lading, customer orders, shipping documents and or other documentation
- Maintains accurate records of damaged or defective items and discrepancies in quantities and weights and records critical information such as time, date, quantity, source and destination of materials received or shipped. Provides accurate and timely documentation per work instructions to ensure accuracy of data entered into the ERP system
- Prepares items for shipments. Pulls parts, adequately packages items for safe transit, appropriately labels items for accurate shipping and notifies carriers as required to ensure timely shipment of materials
- Operates forklifts, cranes, pallet jacks, pneumatic lifts and utilizes ladders, steps, rolling carts or other material handling equipment to safely access and move materials
- Utilizes computer to prepare shipping documents, reconcile shipping records with carriers and records data. Communicates via email with internal and external customers, vendors and transportation companies
- Uses computer to perform data entry in business system (SAP) or other computer applications which may Microsoft Word, Power Point & Excel documents.
- Serves as a resource with full knowledge of warehouse procedures and functions.
- May assist in training new employees; shares knowledge gained through experience
- Completes cycle counting and reconciliation in SAP.
- Works directly with outside customers on transportation and shipment of goods; may deliver and pick up material from customers or vendors
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety and quality management procedures.
- Regular attendance and compliance with all Company policies and rules is an essential function for the job. Overtime, including potential for nights and/or weekend shifts may be required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Three (3) years combined experience in material handling, inventory, shipping and receiving preferred
- Demonstrated safe operation of forklift(s) and other material handling preferred
- Experience in selection of and coordination with common carriers (UPS, FedEx, LTL and OTR truck lines for safe and compliant transport of goods intra- and inter-state
- Knowledge of US DOT rules and regulations for shipping industrial and hazardous materials.
- Computer proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel and e-mail program(s). Experience with ERP system (preferably SAP).
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or the equivalent preferred
- On-site industrial forklift training and certification will be required within orientation & training period
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times.
- Ability to move around the warehouse.
GD Energy Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by applicable law, regulation or local ordinance. For more information about your rights under the law, see http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
GD Energy Products
AddressBossier City, LA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at GD Energy Products