Field Service Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
GD Energy Products – New Name, Same Legacy
The company you have known as Gardner Denver High Pressure Solutions has a new name – GD Energy Products. Now for more than 160 years, we have made it our business to lead the industry with unmatched products and services; and I can promise that while our identity may change, deep down, who we are as a company never will.
GD Energy Products is looking for a Field Service Technician to work in Dickinson, ND.
When joining GD Energy Products, you will be eligible for many of our competitive benefits, including: vacation, 401K matching, paid holidays, sick days, full medical/dental/vision benefits, short/long term disability, maternity/paternity leave and many more!
Mechanic that inspects, repairs, tests and or performs assembly on both well stimulation and mud pumps throughout customer sites. Identifies and diagnose problems with equipment or products while providing technical service to customers. This position will require frequent travel for domestic and occasional international customers.Duties/Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots, and reassemble pumps. Uses knowledge gained through significant on the job experience to assess and recommend solutions for pumps not performing to specification.
- Provides diagnostic analysis, repair and/or preventative maintenance of customer products or installation at customer sites.
- Check alignments, clearances, bore size, welds, threads or damaged holes to determine what further work is needed.
- Examines frame, fluid ends, power ends and all components to note customer damage recommendations.
- Where applicable, must be able to perform NDT test per GD Energy Product’s work instructions
- Prepares and submits written field service reports, completes data log sheets, parts return list and other paperwork involved in the job process.
- Visually checks entire pump and fluid end and all components to assure that all damage to the product has been corrected and is complete prior to return to the customer.
- Uses electric tools, hammers and chisels and operates grinder to remove sharp edges from material.
- Provides high level of customer service. Deals tactfully with customers and co-workers
- Checks work to engineering drawings and requirements.
- Checks and inspects work to assure conformance to prescribed tolerances and standards, using precision measuring instruments.
- Serves as “expert” resource with full knowledge regarding repair procedures and functions. May train new employees and mentors coworkers; shares knowledge gained through experience.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety and quality management procedures.
- Regular attendance and compliance with all company policies and rules is an essential function for the job, overtime, including potential for weekend and night shifts may be required.
- All other jobs as assigned.
- Extensive experience repairing and maintaining heavy industrial equipment (preferably pumps) where duties similar to those in this job were performed.
- Good computer skills necessary.
- Excellent communication skills required to explain operations and maintenance of products.
- Must have strong knowledge of mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of procedures for cleaning and correcting defects in weldments.
- Demonstrated ability to safely and properly use forklifts, jib cranes, hoists, and overhead cranes to move and position materials.
- Ability to correctly and accurately read and interpret blueprints and associated work instructions/specifications in order to perform repairs and inspect parts.
- Must be able to travel at any time to perform service for both domestic and international customers.
- Technical/vocational or high school diploma or equivalent preferred
- On-site industrial forklift training and certification may be required within orientation & training period
- Prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Able to bend, stretch, push, pull, and move as needed to reach, clean, and service machinery.
- Must be able to visually inspect machines.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
GD Energy Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by applicable law, regulation or local ordinance. For more information about your rights under the law, see http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
GD Energy Products
EngineeringView all jobs at GD Energy Products