AWS Cloud Engineer
- Expired: November 12, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who We Are:
GCyber specializes in securing and maintaining critical mission and business systems in complex, high visibility environments.
Our most important asset is our people. We are committed to recruiting and cultivating a diverse workforce that is passionate about solving complex problems that enhance national security and improve capabilities for the Federal Government. We are seeking passionate problem solvers who share our commitment.
We offer career development and training opportunities so you continue sharpening your skills and learn new technologies whether you are just getting started or a lifelong veteran of the industry. For more information about the GCyber culture and the services we provide, head to our website at www.gcyber.com.
GCyber Benefits: 11 Paid Federal Holidays, Personal Time Off, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Vision Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, 401K w/matching, Commuter Benefits, Health Savings Accounts.
To join the CESO program as a AWS Cloud Engineer and assist in transforming the existing Secure Web Services (SWS) environment into an updated offering to meet the DoD needs. You will provide continuous development and integration to include operational engineering, release management, implementation and migration, and training and knowledge transfer.
What You Will Do:
The responsibilities of the AWS Cloud Engineer include:
Operational Engineering and Integration:
- Document and deliver an approach for automated acceptance testing, including tools and processes
- Document and deliver an approach for automated integration and regression testing, including tools and processes
- Conduct automated testing of all new capabilities utilizing the current Amazon C2S enabled architectures and tools to include Ansible, Cloud Formations, JMETER, etc.
- Develop, document, and conduct operational acceptance testing for all new capabilities. This includes outlining operational acceptance criteria (with Government approval), both technical and non-technical and delivering a report to the Government recommending a path forward.
- Manage and sustain the integration and testing environments on the unclassified and classified infrastructure both on premise and in the cloud to validate all capabilities and technologies prior to being deployed on the production environment.
- Stage new and upgraded services components or services to integration and testing environment.
- Conduct testing for all new and upgraded services components or services to include unit, system, integration, regression and user acceptance testing based on documented requirements and policies.
- Complete all acceptance testing (functional, technical, user, regression, performance, and load)
- Develop any required test scripts associated with the scope of testing procedures
- Perform modifications and adjustments to new and upgraded services components or services as a result of testing and validate results.
- Perform configuration management and change management activities related to integration and testing services.
- Improve and sustain the unclassified and classified test bed, staging, and integration environments. Mature and engineer improvements to the cloud infrastructure and architecture to support continuous development and continuous integration utilizing modern practices and tools.
- Participate in the development of the release management process and procedures and policies
- Develop quality plans and back-out plans as appropriate for each release
- Conduct site surveys, as necessary, to assess existing Equipment and Software being used to validate release package requirements and dependencies
- Ensure that any new software, equipment, or support services required for the release are procured and available when needed
- Ensure there is segregation of duties between the application developer testers and the release management testers.
- Identify and document all Configurable Items (CIs) that need to be included in the release, as well as, all system inter-dependencies
- Document, review, and approve communications to end-users in anticipation of all new releases
- Notify CESO affected clients of release timing and impact and provide communications to the service desk
- Implement release in compliance with Change Management requirements and adherence to detailed release plans
- Modify configuration database, asset management items, and service catalog (if applicable) to reflect changes to CIs due to the release
- Perform quality control audits and approve Release control results to the Government
- Support the order of WAN circuits, equipment and services as defined and required by CESO
- Prepare data network design, engineering, and security plans and schedules to support new and enhanced applications, architectures and standards
- Develop testing and integration procedures, with Government approval, for data network design, engineering and security that meet requirements and adhere to defined policies
- Manage all designated data network devices in accordance with CESO policies (including security oversight and change management policies)
This position requires an active Top Secret/SCI clearance. The position is 100% on site at the customer location in Arlington, VA.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a CI Poly
- Must have a DoD IAT II certification (Security+, CCNA-Security, CySA+, CND, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP)
- BS and 4+ years of experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 3+ years of hands-on engineering and administration experience in virtualized environments
- One of the following certifications to be obtained within 120 days of hire: Amazon System Operations certification or Amazon Developer certification
- Prior experience with DISA and DISA’s support to mission partners preferred
GCyber is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means you don’t have to worry about whether your application process will be fair. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.
For future job notifications please be follow GCyber on LinkedIn. https://linkedin.com/company/gcyber
Get fresh AWS Cloud Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.