GCS Credit Union hires the best of the banking best in the Metro-East. Proudly serving our members and our community for over 75 years, GCS firmly believes and lives the Credit Union philosophy, "Not for profit, but for service." Employees of GCS make a difference in the lives of those we serve by putting their needs above all else.
Great employees mean great service. That’s why we offer excellent benefits and opportunities for career advancement and professional development at GCS Credit Union. Individuals who possess enthusiasm, initiative and a desire to help others are encouraged to apply for this position to join our Float team. Individuals on our Float Team have the opportunity to travel to any of our seven locations to better serve our members during vacations, days off, and vacancies.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and processes member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments, open end loan advances and cashing checks; sells teller checks and vehicle license stickers; processes Visa payments and advances; transfers amounts from member accounts as directed. Balances cash drawer daily to include cash, checks processed, checks disbursed and voucher debits and credits.
- Welcomes members and provides routine information concerning services and directs members to appropriate department for specific information and service.
- Cross sells Credit Union services when appropriate through interaction with members.
- Fulfill your responsibilities under the Bank Secrecy Act including, but not limited to, gathering required information for CTR reporting and monitoring for and reporting suspicious activity.
- Trains and mentors new employees.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous tasks including typing, filing, computer input and answering the telephone and other job-related duties as assigned.
- To provide prompt, accurate, friendly, professional, personal service to all members.
- To process daily transactions without errors resulting in a continuous 100% accurate day end balancing record.
- To complete training courses as outlined in the negotiated contract and any additional courses assigned by supervisor within the designated time frame allotted.
- To develop and improve knowledge and skills regarding Credit Union services available to the membership.
- To maintain a professional work environment and businesslike appearance.
- To have an excellent attendance record and adhere to scheduled hours in a punctual manner.
- To adhere to the Core Values of the Credit Union
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Up to six months of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED.
Knowledge: Required to have knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act and of the credit union's BSA policy and procedures.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
Other Skills: Ten key calculator, keyboarding and basic computer skills, must also be good with detail to deal with numbers and names.
This position frequently requires you talk, hear, grasp things with your hands and use your fingers. Occasionally, this position requires walking, reaching, and standing. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as viewing details on a computer terminal.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
GCS CREDIT UNION