Network Segmentation Project Manager
Contract 6+ Months M-F 40 hours weekly
US Citizen with active clearance is preferred. Must be clearable
The primary role of this project manager position will be to manage and support a large network segmentation project from initiation through closing. The project scope includes:
- Replacement of enterprise network with an open network software-based platform.
- Identification, classification, and migration of data to segmented, secure and defined repositories.
- Implementation of a reliable, fluid, and automated network segmentation architecture to meet contractual requirements for data separation while in transit and at rest.
The project manager will be responsible for developing the project schedule baseline, and closely monitor tasks and overall project execution. As part of the PMO team, utilizes and develops established project standards and procedures based on Project Management Institute best practices, with an eye to continuous improvements. Performs other project management tasks as assigned.
- Takes the lead in developing and continually updating detailed charter, scope, project/program management plans, work breakdown structures, and schedules. Coordinates with IS managers and technical leads in this effort.
- Risk Management: Identifies risks to project, creating action plan for risk mitigation. Analyzes, prioritizes and consolidates this risk and assesses its potential impact to the client.
- Communications: Prepares and provides effective communication of status reports to the sponsor and project team. Communicates with end users and other stakeholders as needed. Generates meeting notes and follows-up on action items
- Relationship management: Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with business owners, projects and key clients. Develops and conducts end user testing to ensure user feedback and acceptance. Conducts formal review with business sponsor at project completion to confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
- Project Monitoring: Monitors project(s) identifying resource needs, performing quality reviews, and escalating scope, budget, quality, and timeline issues appropriately, reporting into management as needed. Formulates recovery plans or assesses impact if not recoverable. Identifies opportunities to save resources and / or gain efficiencies across projects.
- Budget: Determines budget for projects. Continuously monitors the actual costs of a project/program versus the budget. Conducts in depth root cause analysis for project budget discrepancies.
Human Resource Management
- Determines staffing requirements and forms project teams, initiating and reporting on regular status meetings.
- Identifies the roles, skills and knowledge required for successful project execution.
- Ensures staff has the resources and skills needed to support all work initiatives.
- As part of the PMO team, utilizes and develops established project standards and procedures, including templates, processes, workflows, and tools. Standards are based on Project Management Institute practices.
- Contributes to the development of new quality metrics.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information System, Business Administration, or equivalent work experience.
- Requires a minimum of 2-5 years of IT/MIS project management
- Project management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is desired.
- Experience in managing large Information technology projects spanning multiple technical disciplines.
- Exceptional oral and written skills with the ability to facilitate constructive conversations between technical staff members to develop a robust detailed project plan.
- Has a thorough understanding of networking and network security principles and recognizes and understands networking and IT terminology.
- Direct experience in managing or overseeing projects related to data categorization and tagging, network access control or software defined networking and automation a plus.
- DoD security classification highly desirable.
- Certification or experience in Agile Project Management is desired.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Ability to learn how to use applications such as SharePoint.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong communication skills are necessary.
At GCR, you will discover a reliable source of both short-term and long-term quality staffing solutions, covering the full life cycle, across all industries including information technology, design engineering, research and development, and manufacturing. Our experienced, stable and technically knowledgeable recruiters quickly and successfully match the right person to the right job, because we establish and maintain relationships with every client and every candidate.
A GCR match goes far beyond the technical skill set you request. A GCR match is a person who also brings the personal qualities, character, and intangible assets to precisely fit your company culture.