- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Mechatronics Design Engineer - Robotics
San Diego CA
Contract 12-18 months 40 hours weekly
Role and responsibilities
- Design and develop custom mechatronics systems with a cross sector team, including translating stages, rotary motion, multi-link positioners, sensors, servos, actuators, etc.
- Integration of control systems for industrial robotics into capital equipment, including all aspects such as dynamics, end-effector design, controls, etc.
- Design path optimization algorithms and associated controls for end product.
- Analyze and improve dynamic disturbance response of robotic systems.
- Troubleshoot designs to determine potential risks, failure modes, and corrective actions.
- Responsible for “sustaining engineering” tasks, resolving equipment design issues in a timely fashion as they arise at customer sites.
- Participate in concept designs and experiments for future equipment and subsystems.
- Run complex mechatronic systems for test and qualification of design changes.
- Design quality products using six sigma and lean process techniques for robust designs.
- Create documentation for product designs and operations to be used in a clean manufacturing environment.
- Work with external suppliers to define and develop certain aspects of new product design while collaborating with internal cross discipline teams.
- Take direction from ASML System Architects and Senior Engineer mentors who are leading the development effort of critical large capital equipment.
- Occasional travel to Europe, Asia and within the US can be expected.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Engineering field (Mechatronics, Mechanical, Electrical, etc.), or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in mechatronics engineering background or specialization in closely related areas such as robotics or other fields.
- Experience with PID controllers, linear and nonlinear calibrations, flexible dynamics.
- Experience designing complex mechanisms such as robot grippers.
- Basic experience with mechatronics behavior predictive modeling and methods in MATLAB/SIMULINK or similar tools, including “first principle” engineering equations and other techniques, particularly applied to control system simulation and implementation.
- Ability to apply “classical control theory” and “digital control theory” including frequency domain, stability analysis, Nyquist/Bode plots, Velocity-Acceleration-Jerk (VAJ), feedback/feedforward, dynamics, gain and phase, transfer functions, continuous/discrete feedback control, real time controls, etc.
- Ability to derive conclusions from analyses and make practical recommendations.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills in English, including presenting results based on strong statistical evidence to audiences of a wide range of technical abilities.
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary projects, such as imaging/optical systems, semiconductor, or lithography preferred but not required.
- Genuine interest in mechatronics engineering and analysis, as well as in developing precision systems that can perform reliably at customer sites.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Customer-oriented and willing to work with high level problem solvers on a daily basis.
- High-energy, quick study with flexible nature.
- Self-motivated team player with strong desire to learn and ability to handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently and with minimal guidance.
- High potential to develop into a technical or personal leader in the organization.
At GCR, you will discover a reliable source of both short-term and long-term quality staffing solutions, covering the full life cycle, across all industries including information technology, design engineering, research and development, and manufacturing. Our experienced, stable and technically knowledgeable recruiters quickly and successfully match the right person to the right job, because we establish and maintain relationships with every client and every candidate.
A GCR match goes far beyond the technical skill set you request. A GCR match is a person who also brings the personal qualities, character, and intangible assets to precisely fit your company culture.
GCR Technical Staffing
AddressSan Diego, CA
Get fresh Mechatronics Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.