Mechanical Design Engineer
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for developing portions of the Semiconductor system and/or associated tooling. You will work on sub-systems involving robotics, mechatronics, precision mechanics, and/or optomechanics. You will need to consider kinematics, dynamics, material properties, and structural, dynamic, and thermal analysis. Precision machine design at client starts with understanding the functional requirements and deriving specifications.
You will collaborate with system architects in a multi discipline project team to develop concepts, perform engineering analysis, build and test prototypes, generate detail CAD designs, create engineering drawings, partner with suppliers, and support system integration and test.
We are seeking an individual with a strong background in mechanical design and engineering, including taking responsibility of the full “art to part” development cycle. A background in mechanical design of mechatronics, precision design, or complex optical systems is desirable, as well as good complex mechanical system intuition.
* Mechanical design exposure to kinematics, dynamics, material properties and behavior, and structural analysis.
* Experience with 3D solid modeling for design conceptualization and realization.
* Basic experience with mechanical analytical techniques, including “first principle” engineering equations and Finite Element Analysis such as stress / strain / deformation, modal response, etc.
* Demonstrated ability to derive conclusions from analysis and make practical recommendations.
* Strong technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
BSME / MSME / PhD with 0 – 5 years of experience.
At GCR, you will discover a reliable source of both short-term and long-term quality staffing solutions, covering the full life cycle, across all industries including information technology, design engineering, research and development, and manufacturing. Our experienced, stable and technically knowledgeable recruiters quickly and successfully match the right person to the right job, because we establish and maintain relationships with every client and every candidate.
A GCR match goes far beyond the technical skill set you request. A GCR match is a person who also brings the personal qualities, character, and intangible assets to precisely fit your company culture.