Account Manager ( Inside Sales)
The Account Manager is responsible for meeting or exceeding sales goals within the assigned territory. The position’s main focus is the development and maintenance of strong relationships with a portfolio of clients, connecting with key stakeholders and acquiring new accounts. Discover new cross-sell and up-selling opportunities with existing clients by effectively communicating a value-based approach. The Account Manager will act as a liaison between customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure timely and successfully delivery of products.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Strategically build profitable sales in an assigned territory through additional sales with current customers and demonstrates commitment to prospecting, and new business development.
2. Partner with the customer to understand their business and serve as a trusted advisor who understands their needs.
3. Develop loyal not just satisfied customers; demonstrate understanding and expertise about our customers through business partnership, integrity and responsiveness.
4. Prospect for new business; conduct sales calls and actively grow the territory, including cross-functional collaboration with sister company.
5. Qualify new leads, obtain long term sales potential, set price levels and maintain CRM database with all important account intelligence.
6. Provide quotations and oversee customer orders while communicating upsell opportunities to increase order value – use of ERP system.
7. Analyze KPI(s) and identify growth opportunities and trends proactively.
8. Appropriately prioritize customer needs while achieving constant, forward movement in the sales process.
9. Plan the day, set tasks that focus on achievement of sales goals.
1. Proven experience managing and growing sales territory.
2. Goal oriented.
3. Ability to make quick decisions in a fast-paced environment.
4. Superior interpersonal skills and able to effectively communicate at all levels.
5. Able to take directions and make independent decisions.
6. Organizational Skills.
7. Teamwork Orientation.
8. Thoroughness, attention to detail.
9. Time Management, Self-Starter.
This position has potential to develop into a supervisory role.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, digital camera and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
No travel is expected for this position except for special projects or trade show events when needed.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent, or G.E.D. certificate.
1. Three years of experience in sales or account management.
2. Cold calling and CRM management.
3. Presentation skills, including verbal and formal written documents such as PowerPoint.
4. Basic computer knowledge
5. Proven Customer Service Mentality.
Preferred Education and Experience
Associate’s degree in business or related field.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel to create complex reporting models from concept to completion (pivot tables, charts and vlookup, sumifs etc.)
- Understanding of aftermarket products or distribution.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.