GCI Security, Inc. is seeking an Armed Security Officer to become an integral part of our rapidly growing security team. The selected individual will patrol and secure assigned premises as well as identify risks to staff and patrons.
To be considered, all applicants must have evening and weekend availability.
- Monitor premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules
- Thoroughly examine doors, windows, and gates to ensure proper function and security
- Warn violators of premise rules and regulations
- Apprehend or expel persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts
- Report any facility issues such as fire hazards and leaking water pipes
- Request emergency personnel for high risk situations
- Current and valid security license
- 2+ years of experience in security, law enforcement, or other related fields
- Familiarity with security equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong attention to detail
- Good report writing and communication skills
- Open availability including evenings, overnights, and weekends
- Valid driver's license and dependable transportation
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Uniforms provided at no cost to officer
- Licensing renewals paid after successful 6-month probationary period
- Increased hourly rate for holiday shifts
- Join a rapidly growing company with the opportunity to advance!
Shopping and Retail Centers
Manufacturing and Industrial Complexes
We employ over 100 full-time and part-time security officers to provide our customers with immediate, effective response times. Some of our customers consist of large enterprises, taxing districts and affluent neighborhoods.