The Marketing Strategist will be responsible for understanding the competitive market and needs of customers for all aspects of marketing; to include but not limited to: develop and implement marketing plans, promotions, pricing, collateral, digital media, web presence, marketing events, and other related areas. Assigned areas of focus include but are not limited to; Channel Campaigns, Digital Support, Training and Sales Enablement, Communication or Digital Marketing Analytics.
The role requires an innovator, a trendsetter, and a progressive thinker who can connect digital to all other aspects of the business and drive growth opportunities. Provide guidance and work with the internal team to achieve brand and business objectives.
Develops unique digital strategies and builds upon current strategies to meet/exceed objectives
Develops strong, trusting relationships with coworkers and strategic partners, providing leadership and support during strategy, ideation, and execution
Works with project managers to ensure team is aligned to requirements
Proactively keeps abreast of marketing and media plans, and provides digital solutions including email campaigns, site optimization, social networks, viral, etc.
Develops a total understanding of online target audience and mindset Modes
Essential Duties of the Marketing Strategist:
- Participate/ lead product and service launches from development through maintenance.
- Distribute, communicate and ensure pricing information is correct in the system and price tables.
- Develop & manage product information & implementation of plans, programs and on-line web presence.
- Create content for product promotions and all marketing collateral and product launches
- Internal resource for front line staff inquiries and implementation.
- Manage and implement sponsorships, trade agreements, special events and VIP customer fulfillment.
- Develop new & maintain current business relationships
- Develop and implement effective marketing materials (letters, email, web, direct mail, and social media) designed to showcase Company products & services.
- Assist with external trade and media partners with on-site training, product demonstrations, as well as product and service education.
- Work in partnership with departments on products, services, merchandising and collateral in stores.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
Knowledge and understanding of internal billing systems with focus on new product development & implementation
Knowledge and understanding of internal process and procedures and systems used for customer fulfillment
Strong knowledge of computer programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher) required with additional understanding of website and online form development & maintenance with a strong emphasis on PowerPoint presentations.
Knowledge of key marketing principles necessary to analyze the market; introduce plans, programs and promotions to meet market demand
In depth knowledge of Alaska telecommunication market
Learn and maintain knowledge of competitors, customers, and product & service solutions to position the Company as the leader in each market served.
Highly motivated person with strong problem solving skills who works well as part of a team as well as independently
Excellent communication, negotiation, and inter-personal skills
Excellent ability to remain flexible within ever changing market needs.
Ability to lead teams and collaboratively implement plans and programs
Ability to plan and implement marketing campaigns
Strong analytical as well as strategic thinking skills.