Part-Time Property Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Principally responsible for the day-to-day operations and fiscal management of designated communities. The Property Manager is expected to maintain a high level of customer service and professionalism, and be knowledgeable of the market, area, and city, including property specials offered by competitors and any new construction in the area that would impact your property. The position of Property Manager stipulates the chosen candidate will be required to live on-site for which a home is provided to the candidate. (Details to be discussed during the interview process).
Education: Some College Preferred.
Experience: Minimum two years of work experience as an affordable property manager. Individuals must possess a solid track record of successful property management experience including knowledge of property maintenance, property marketing, and monthly financial package experience.
Skills: The ability to delegate, communicate effectively, motivate and follow thru are essential. Also, one must have good interpersonal skills; excellent problem resolution skills, and property management methods along with the ability to problem-solve issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for turning units within 3 - 5 days
- Responsible for collecting rents and making daily bank deposits
- Prepare delinquency reports, monthly cash receipt summaries, and any other accounting reports necessary
- Achieve or exceed budget goals regarding occupancy, expenses, NOI, etc.
- Ensure all invoices are processed daily and advise the supervisor of any expense overages
- Control petty cash funds and submit recaps monthly for reimbursement
- Send late notices and non-renewal notices and file complaints
- Negotiate and order supplies and services with vendors and contractors to achieve the best possible prices while maintaining acceptable quality standards
- Conduct staff training, coaching, and disciplinary action as needed
- Complete performance reviews of staff as scheduled
- Create an atmosphere of cooperation, enthusiasm, teamwork, and customer satisfaction
- Maintain property office in an organized and professional manner at all time
- Perform monthly review and submission of commissions, mileage, and expenses
- Prepare lease agreements and all applicable move-in and compliance paperwork
- Show apartments to prospective residents
- Perform move-in inspections at or prior to move-in with all new residents
- Review welcome packet with new residents
- Ensure the move-in/move-out sheet is completed at the time of move-in with resident
- Input daily activity and monitor vacancy reports
- Obtain lease information and complete lease applications, as applicable to y our property
- Conduct reference checks and set up and maintain lease files
- Responsible for obtaining third-party income and asset verifications to complete move-in tenant income certifications and annual recertifications.
- Upload certification files to a third-party compliance company and see through to approval status.
Property Operations and Maintenance:
- Frequently inspect buildings and grounds, record deficiencies, and take action to improve the general appearance of the property and deferred maintenance needs
- Monitor all work order requests and ensure that all issues are resolved
- Coordinate all make-readies and track the unit status of repairs and maintenance with maintenance staff
- Assist with pre-inspection of units, conduct follow-up inspections of units, and ensure all violations and repairs are made
- Ensure that all preventative maintenance is scheduled in accordance with GCHP guidelines
- Study ways to improve contracted services such as trash removal, HVAC systems, exterminating, laundry services, etc.
Marketing and Advertising:
- Review and ensure that all free advertising, including Craigslist and Facebook postings and any other websites that may be used, are updated daily
- Ensure that all leads and prospective applicants receive follow up within one business day
- Responsible for tracking all property activity, such as prospects, traffic, applicants, and move-ins and move-outs
Physical Requirements: Individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities can perform this job.
- Ability to drive when needed
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Climb stairs
- Walk for extended periods of time
Real EstateView all jobs at GCHP