GCC Location: Odessa, TX
At GCC, employees are our most important resource. As a part of the GCC family, you'll be welcomed into a culture that promotes the company vision and internal career growth. Our company vision is to have our customers recognize us as a business partner that generates the most value to their construction projects. We're a sustainable growing company, a great place to work and a solid investment for our shareholders. Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua is an enterprise with a global and sustainable approach. Our production is mainly devoted to the manufature and sale of gray Portland cement, mortar, premixed concrete, concrete blocks, plaster, aggregates and other construction materials.
Make mechanical repairs on plant and quarry equipment, install new or replacement equipment. Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on plant equipment.
- Make mechanical repairs on plant and quarry equipment, install new or replacement equipment.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on plant equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three to five years of cement plant knowledge or related industry.
- Stable work history
- Experience with bearing replacements, motor replacements, motor alignments, equipment rebuilds, preventive maintenance, compressor experience, screw conveyors, belt conveyors, elevators, gearboxes and various pumps, etc.
- General mechanical and millwright skills
- Welding and fabrication experience preferred, but not required.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Good physical condition as position requires bending, kneeling, walking, standing, climbing, stairs and lifting; high degree of manual dexterity and coordination and good eye/hand coordination.
GCC Competencies / Position compentencies
Focus on the client
Physical Demands & Work Conditions
12 Hour Rotating Shifts
We hold each other accountable to live our core values of health and safety, attitude of service, integrity, teamwork, innovation and excellence. GCC employees demonstrate these values every day.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors, including skills, abilities and experience.
Please click the links to view the federal compliance posters for: EEOC, FMLA, USERRA, and EPPA.