GCC Location: South Dakota
At GCC, employees are our most important resource. As a part of the GCC family, you'll be welcomed into a culture that promotes the company vision and internal career growth. Our company vision is to have our customers recognize us as a business partner that generates the most value to their construction projects. We're a sustainable growing company, a great place to work and a solid investment for our shareholders. Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua is an enterprise with a global and sustainable approach. Our production is mainly devoted to the manufature and sale of gray Portland cement, mortar, premixed concrete, concrete blocks, plaster, aggregates and other construction materials.
Responsible for implementing the QA/QC program for batching, mixing and delivery of ready mixed concrete. The purpose of the program is to produce concrete which meets project specifications and customer expectations.
1) Calibrate production and testing equipment.
2) Sample and test raw materials for specification compliance.
3) Perform QC tests for: entrained air content, slump/workability, coarseness/sandiness, yield, setting time, water-cement ratio and strength.
4) Record and report test results to dispatch, batch personnel and the customer.
5) Use test results to make mix adjustments.
6) Troubleshoot fresh/hardened concrete problems.
7) Conduct periodic informative programs for drivers, batch personnel, etc.
8) Casting cylinders to provide history of mix designs and correlation testing on specific jobs.
9) Assist in the testing of aggregate gradations for plant locations.
10) Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Technical school graduate a plus.
Must posses valid commercial driver's licenese (CDL).
ACI Field and State Plant and Field certifications or willing to attain after hired.
Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
Knowledge of Quality Assurance requirements.
Familiarity with aggregate sizes and required quantities.
Knowledge of the ready mix and aggregates industry.
Ability to safely and efficiently operate concrete sawing equipment.
Ability to use a scientific calculator to perform calculations.
Basic working knowledge of computers.
GCC Competencies / Position compentencies
Physical Demands & Work Conditions
Average Work Hours: 10 hours/day, 4 - 6 days/week
WC: Wet & humid
WC: Mechanical hazards
WC: Fumes, dusts or odors
WC: Confined spaces
WC: 9.Extremes temperatures (C or H)
Physical Demand: Heavy
We hold each other accountable to live our core values of health and safety, attitude of service, integrity, teamwork, innovation and excellence. GCC employees demonstrate these values every day.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors, including skills, abilities and experience.
Please click the links to view the federal compliance posters for: EEOC, FMLA, USERRA, and EPPA.