At GCC, employees are our most important resource. As a part of the GCC family, you'll be welcomed into a culture that promotes the company vision and internal career growth. Our company vision is to have our customers recognize us as a business partner that generates the most value to their construction projects. We're a sustainable growing company, a great place to work, and a solid investment for our shareholders. Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua is an enterprise with a global and sustainable approach. Our production is mainly devoted to the manufacture and sale of gray Portland cement, mortar, premixed concrete, concrete blocks, plaster, aggregates, and other construction materials.
Drives truck equipped with a concrete mixer to deliver concrete mix to job sites.
1) Pre-trip inspection of ready-mix truck pursuant to D.O.T. regulations. The pre-trip inspection includes checking fluid levels of engine oil, antifreeze, tire pressure, brakes, and other driver operated controls for loading and unloading ready-mix.
2) Fills the water tank before each delivery by placing a rubber hose into a water tank and filling after checking that all valves are shut.
3) Upon receiving a delivery ticket, the driver pulls the truck under or backs the truck under the plant (depending on plant configuration) and charges the mixer to receive concrete, making sure to take any admixtures or other ancillary products that are on the ticket.
4) Uses map book and experience and takes the most direct route to the job site to ensure on-time delivery.
5) Safely drives truck to the job site and arrives with the desired slump within customer or job specifications.
6) Upon arriving on Jobsite, the driver must be able to safely maneuver the truck in often very unstable ground conditions. Safe observations of customer's equipment and conditions.
7) The driver will add necessary ingredients such as fibers, chemical admixtures, cement, or integral colors at the plant or job site, as well as other products.
8) Pursuant to customer needs, the driver will place chutes from the fender or hanging rack onto the main chute at the rear of the truck for discharge. Upon completion of the discharge, the driver will wash the chutes and put them back in an appropriate location on the truck.
9) Prior to leaving the job site, the driver is responsible for completing all paperwork and collecting money if necessary.
10) Upon completion of each shift, the driver will wash the truck with a hose and brush, including the use of acidic solution when necessary.
11) Communicates with dispatch through the use of two-way radio and the use of a truck status signaling system.
12) At the end of the shift, all paperwork must be completed and turned in.
13) The ready-mix driver is responsible to call callout each day for start time.
14) Each driver is expected to perform a post-trip inspection of the truck pursuant to DOT regulations.
15) Performs other duties assigned by supervisor/management.
1) High school diploma (minimum); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2) Ability to pass the Federal Department of Transportation drug screen and physical.
3) Maintain driving record in accordance with Federal and State Motor Carrier regulations, and meet company policy requirements.
4) Must be able to take orders, instruction, and guidance from management and supervisors.
5) Ability to handle cash and make the change as well as perform basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
6) Ability to deal with customers and other employees in a diplomatic manner, in a variety of stressful situations.
7) Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Must be able to read, write, and speak in English.
8) Must safely operate the truck and perform tasks that are congruent with company policy, and within state and federal laws.
9) Maintain Department of Transportation Health cond.
GCC Competencies / Position competencies
Physical Demands & Work Conditions
Average Work Hours: 10 hours/day, 4 - 6 days/week
Lifting 100lbs. occasionally
Lifting 50lbs. frequently
Physical Demand: Heavy
WC: 9. Extremes temperatures (C or H)
WC: Fumes, dust or odors
WC: Mechanical hazards
WC: Wet & humid
We hold each other accountable to live our core values of health and safety, the attitude of service, integrity, teamwork, innovation, and excellence. GCC employees demonstrate these values every day.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors, including skills, abilities, and experience.
We strive to understand our customers’ needs and develop new value-generating products, processes and services to exceed their expectations time and again.
In the United States, GCC serves customers in the cement and concrete markets. We have four cement plants located in Tijeras, New Mexico; Rapid City, South Dakota; Pueblo, Colorado and Odessa, Texas.
We also have 22 Cement Distribution Centers located in Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, South Dakota, North Dakota, Wyoming, Minnesota, Iowa, Kansas, Montana and Nebraska.
GCC is one of the leading pre-mixed concrete producers in the USA, mainly in South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Oklahoma and Arkansas.
GCC of America
Why Work Here?We are the leading company in the construction industry. We strive to understand our customers’ needs and develop new value-generating products, processes and services to exceed their expectations time and again. In the United States, GCC serves customers in the cement and concrete markets. We have four cement plants located in Tijeras, New Mexico; Rapid City, South Dakota; Pueblo, Colorado and Odessa, Texas. We also have 22 Cement Distribution Centers located in Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, South Dakota, North Dakota, Wyoming, Minnesota, Iowa, Kansas, Montana and Nebraska. GCC is one of the leading pre-mixed concrete producers in the USA, mainly in South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Oklahoma and Arkansas.
At GCC, employees are our most important resource. We are a Great Place to Work!