GCC Location: Brookings, SD
At GCC, employees are our most important resource. As a part of the GCC family, you'll be welcomed into a culture that promotes the company vision and internal career growth. Our company vision is to have our customers recognize us as a business partner that generates the most value to their construction projects. We're a sustainable growing company, a great place to work and a solid investment for our shareholders. Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua is an enterprise with a global and sustainable approach. Our production is mainly devoted to the manufacture and sale of gray Portland cement, mortar, premixed concrete, concrete blocks, plaster, aggregates and other construction materials.
Assists with production, distribution, and operations for Ready Mix concrete plant or assigned territory of organization by performing the following duties personally or through plant staff. Responsible for running plant, loader and driving truck. Safety is the first and foremost important item at GCC. We expect our employees to be Safe at everything they do and it is their responsibility to stop any task which is deemed unsafe. We also expect all employees to live and work within the GCC CORE values, which are posted at each facility.
- Professionally and accurately batches Ready Mix concrete utilizing the Command/Alkon batching system.
- Positively impacts safety while supervising and motivating truck driver deliver fleet and plant operator and/or yard attendants. Evaluates and mentors job performances, strengthens employee morale, to maximize personnel skills and to optimized quality and quantity of production.
- Demonstrates and communicates high standard of customer service and satisfaction by working in conjunction with other company representatives and sales staff.
- Creates and fosters the entrepreneurial spirit by generating revenues, controlling expenditures to maximize the profits for the plant, region, and company.
- Prepares timely company reports Documents employee behaviors, both positive and negative, and responds proactively in accordance with company policies.
- Maintains housekeeping tasks of plant, office and premises to conform to company and legal safety standards
- From time to time this individual will be asked to drive a ready mix truck, as needed.
- Performs all duties assigned by company management.
- Assist with staff of drivers and other employees at their facility. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include: interviewing, hiring and training employee; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must be computer literate
- One to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- English proficiency
A) Functional relationship with:
- Customer Service Manager
- Production Managers
- District Manager
- Sales Manager, Sales Professionals, and Sales Coordinator
- Quality Control
- Plant Maintenance
- Fleet Maintenance
- Accounts Receivable
- Human Resources
- Plant Managers
- General Public
- City and State Public Officials
B) Directly responsible to:
- Plant Manager
C) Assist with Supervision of:
- Ready Mix Drivers
- Loader Operator
- Other employees who are at their location.
GCC Competencies / Position compentencies
Physical Demands & Work Conditions:
WC: Wet & humid
WC: Mechanical hazards
WC: Fumes, dusts or odors
WC: Confined spaces
WC: 9.Extremes temperatures (C or H)
Physical Demand: Very Heavy