International LC Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The International Letter of Credit (LC) Specialist is responsible for the handling of LC and amendment issuing, LC advising, examine LC documents, financing, payments, transfer LC, and other trade finance products.
The incumbent in the role must adhere to all department policies and procedures to ensure all Internal Compliance/Anti-Boycott/OFAC/AML. Collaborate with internal and external customers to ensure compliance with legal requirements and government rules. Responsible for maintaining good customer service, and promptly responding to inbound calls.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare, review and approve sample language for standby letters of credit requests. Issue, amend, examine documents and pay standby letters of credits using the Express Trade software. Issue direct pay letters of credit and process interest/ principal draws and billings. Investigate and resolve issuance problems, as well as customer inquiries.
- Import Letters of Credit - Issue, amend, examine documents and pay import letters of credit. Process air releases, collections and steamship guarantees using the Express Trade software.
- Export Letters of Credit - Advise, amend, examine documents and pay export letters of credits, confirmed letters of credits, and discounts using the Express Trade software.
- The above are processed in accordance with the Uniform Customs and Practices for Documentary Credits, International Chamber of Commerce Publication 500 and 600 (UCP 500 and UCP600), International Standby Practices (ISP98) and International Standard Banking Practices (ISBP).
- Issue, amend, accept and pay incoming and outgoing documentary collections, using the Express Trade software and in accordance with the Uniform Rules for Collections, Publication 522 (URC522).
- Process advances and settlements under the CPO (Confirmed Purchase Orders), IME (Instant Money for Exports), SBA (Small Business Administration) and Exim Guaranteed EWCP. Send and release payment tracers. With granted authority, approve/release the above transactions.
- Monitor and update client insurance policies and update Express Trade with insurance details. When needed pay fees, file claims, collect premium reports and collect premium fees for the insurance policy.
- Work on Express Trade software testing to simplify processes.
- Retrieve, create, send, and release messages using the SWIFT system.
- Reconcile entries posted to the Jack Henry DDA, G/L and commercial loan system.
- Verify that transactions processed comply with the U.S. Treasury and U.S. Commerce Departments' regulations.
- Create wire transfers using the Cash$Trac system.
- Audit and archive expired files.
- Work on special projects within the department.
- Follow-up and resolve pending tickler items.
- Handle incoming queries and communications from both internal and external clients. Be knowledgeable about all trade finance products, so as to identify customer's need.
- Filing and other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Secondary Job Functions
- Coordinates collection of financial and lending documents for distribution to the Underwriting Department.
- Locates and compiles information; formats reports, graphs, tables, records and other sources of information.
- Provides excellent customer service to Bank’s clients and serves as departmental liaison.
- Assembles and categorizes facts and figures for written computation and calculations.
The ability to:
Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
You are able to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Able to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Bachelor Degree and 3 years related work experience.
- Knowledge of UCP600, URC522, Incoterms, ISBP, SWIFT, OFAC, AML, BSA, and regulations related to the industry.
- Ability to handle and escalate issues, and good problem-solving skills. Troubleshoot wide-ranging issues, identifying and mitigating risks, keeping management informed.
- Ability to pay attention to details and follow through.
- Must be able to multi-task between incoming calls and email requests with accuracy.
- Proficient written, verbal skills are needed to communicate effectively with customer and account officers.
- Excellent PC skills, MS Word, Excel, internet and internal software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to:
- stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk to hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
GBC International Bank
AddressMonterey Park, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at GBC International Bank