Bilingual Universal Banker II
GBC International Bank City of Industry, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
GBC International Bank has been ranked among the nation’s top 5 lenders by the Export-Import Bank of the United States, and is a Preferred Lender with the SBA. Our team of professional’s lenders are best known for tailoring Domestic and International financial solutions on International Trade, Commercial Real Estate financing, Business and Personal banking, resulting in fostering long-term client relationships.
GBC is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA with 7 branch offices in California, including Washington State.
Responsible for primarily opening new accounts, cross-selling bank products/services, referring customers to other areas of the bank as appropriate, and resolving customer service issues. As needed, will process teller transactions and provide operational support. Process transactions with accuracy and efficiency while delivering an overall professional and exceptional customer experience. Follow regulations and bank security procedures to protect customers as well as minimize risk to the bank. General expectations of handling new accounts responsibilities 75% of the time and teller responsibilities 25% of the time.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform all aspects of new account opening procedures for all bank products/services.
- Answer customer inquiries, make appropriate financial solutions and recommendations and assist with problem resolution.
- Perform customer service functions such as check orders, change of address, return mail processing, supersede signature cards, and other account maintenance changes.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer information as well as Bank proprietary information.
- Identify sales opportunities to cross-sell bank products and services to ensure customers’ financial goals are met.
- Provide quality personalized customer service, maintain frequent customer contact to expand relationships and ensure customer retention.
- Maintain open communication with other departments of the bank and make referrals as appropriate (e.g. Lending Officers, Relationship Managers, Branch Managers, etc.).
- Proactively support branch new business promotions.
- Perform deposit, withdrawal and other teller transactions. Reconcile and balance teller cash drawer.
Secondary Job Functions
- Process outgoing wires.
- Essential functions of Safe Deposit box (e.g. entry, opening, maintenance).
- Assist customers with problem resolution.
- Assist in ATM balancing.
- Detect and report fraudulent or suspicious activities by completing BSA reporting as required, Currency Transactions Reports or Monetary Instrument Reports.
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory compliance with thorough understanding of all aspects of BSA, including but not limited to AML, USA Patriot Act and Customer Identification Program.
- All other duties as assigned.
The ability to:
Communicate information and ideas in verbally and in writing so others will understand.
You are able to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Able to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 6-12 months of experience as a Universal Banker I or equivalent. Minimum of 12 months of new accounts or relevant banking experience is preferred.
- At least 1-2 years of cash handling, customer service, or sales experience.
- Ability to exchange non-routine information using tact and persuasion as appropriate.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Horizon, XE System preferred.
- Fluency in Mandarin, a plus.
- Post-secondary certificate or degree in Accounting, Finance or Business, preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of retail product philosophy, policy, procedures, documentation and systems
- Proven customer service and interpersonal skills
- Effective selling and referral skills
- Strong mathematical, problem-solving, and negotiation skills
GBC International Bank
AddressCity of Industry, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at GBC International Bank