At GBBN we combine technical mastery and creative tenacity to design solutions that empower people and enhance their lives. Our passion is crafting bold and inspiring spaces. Our joy comes from letting ideas run freely, unleashing creativity to the fullest, and delivering results in ways clients never thought possible. We do it all in a spirited, collaborative environment that values innovation and celebrates the diversity of our global family.
What it takes:
Excellence is our tempo. We are confident and energetic; bold and versatile. We seek visionaries like you who think about space differently; who embrace curiosity in pursuit of moments that matter and environments where people thrive.
What we offer:
People are our most valuable asset. Our comprehensive rewards program includes: market leading base pay, 401k and profit sharing, bonus opportunities, customizable healthcare plans, onsite wellness coaching, career planning and flex-time. We are consistently recognized as a Top Workplace by Enquirer Media and are recipients of ERChealth's Culture of Excellence Award.
The Project Architect manages a multi-disciplined team throughout the entire project's development to meet the needs of the client, while managing project goals, and schedules. This individual should have demonstrated experience in facility design, project team management, and client and consultant coordination.
The individual should be passionate about design, and provide leadership in the creative process that develops innovative concepts that enrich design solutions for the client and end-users.
- Manage project team and deliverables
- Manage client relationships through project delivery
- Assist in developing the project budget
- Collaborate with firm management to ensure appropriate staffing of project teams
- Understand the client's business objectives and translate those objectives to the project team and ensure that the goals for the project, team and work-plan are met
- Manage project lifecycle from schematic design through construction administration
- Plan, schedule and manage the production drawing process and coordinate with consultants and other disciplines, including the preparation of project specifications
- Manage drawing development including detailing, quality control and overseeing drawing support staff
- Evaluate code compliance
- Attend construction meetings and prepare field reports
- Facilitate construction observation, answering of RFI's, and preparation of change bulletins
- Manage deliverable expectations, and ensure client and team understanding of milestone dates
- Direct issue resolution and enhance project quality in reporting to internal and external audiences
- Achieve project success as measured by client and team satisfaction while achieving financial goals; Contribute to business development by establishing confidence with clients, actively encourage and seek opportunities for follow up business for each project, and assist in the development and participate in interviews for potential projects
Experience and Qualifications:
- Persuasively and visually communicate ideas effectively and tactfully to project team and clients;
- Strong design and technical skills;
- Ability to manage project teams effectively and meet project schedules;
- Leadership style that is based on building consensus for best results;
- Ability to balance the needs of projects with corporate goals;
- Desire to grow team professionals through education and mentoring;
- Ability to build relationships and foster trust;
- Excellent time management and organization skills;
- Knowledge of and proficiency in Revit, Sketch-Up, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
- 10 years of related experience with minimum 5 years project team management experience;
- Demonstrated experience working on AIA award winning project(s).
- Bachelor's degree at an accredited university and Professional License required;
- Dedicated experience and knowledge of guidelines for design and construction of facilities;
- Understanding of Space and Facility Management a plus.
- Knowledge of sustainable principles and LEED accreditation a plus