Job Title: Technician
SUMMARY: Performs vehicle alignments, all aspects of brake repair and replacements and suspensions, including shocks and struts, steering system repairs, drive train parts (axles/CV joints) tire mounting and balancing, A/C repair or replacement, Fluid exchanges, Tune-up, Tire Replacement,heating and electrical repair or replacement, preventive maintenance repair or replacement of needed items, and drives customers’ vehicles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Raises vehicle, with hydraulic jack or hoist, to mount and dismount passenger and light truck tires.
- Replace and Balances tires using specialized equipment.
- Inspects and performs flat repairs.
- General shop maintenance, such as sweeping shop and parking lot
- Alignment of vehicles.
- Perform Fluid exchanges
- Performs brake inspections to determine wear and requirements for repair.
- Removal and replacement of brake components.
- Inspection of suspension system to determine wear and requirements for replacement.
- Removal and replacement of shocks and struts, c-v boots joints and haft shaft repair.
- Removal and replacement or repair of Air Conditioning
- Removal and replacement or repair Tune up items
- Removal and replacement or repair Heating or Electrical items
- Test-drive vehicles to determine necessary repairs.
- Tire installation.
- Attends required training meetings.
- Assists in all other activities in running a store, such as picking up merchandise, shipping/receiving and storing all merchandise.
- Assist in diagnosing all vehicles even though the production might be performed by another technician.
EQUIPMENT USED: Computer ,calculator, fax machine, telephones, torque wrenches, air guns, balancing equipment, hand tools, power lifts, alignment machine, brake lathe, brake washer and micrometers A/C stations, flush machines, scanners and engine analyzers battery stations.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Able to read, write and comprehend English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English. Ability to write information on work orders.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,, proportions and percentages. Must work with fractions and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid driver’s license. See Education and Experience for other certifications; ASE Certifications, needed state, city, county, local government agencies required license to perform repairs according to requirements.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $30.00 /hour