Airport General Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for an Airport General Manager in Philadelphia, PA that has multi-contract responsibilities! You must have previous airline or vendor experience with both above and below wing crews! We will pay to relocate a high energy leader with character.
General Managers are responsible for maintaining financial budgetary goals, safety policies, procedures and working conditions which affect the employee on the job. In addition to being responsible for immediate work environment he/she will develop their direct reports. Must effectively communicate all safety policies and procedures, GAT's core values, and GAT's Mission to all levels of the organization. Direct and coordinate activities to provide a safe environment for employees while maintaining fast and efficient services. This position requires working in a fast-paced environment with time constraints to meet arrival and departure goals overseeing a 24-hour operation. Must also work rotating shifts and maintain operational visibility with all staff and business partners. A professional and positive image must be consistently displayed by the employee. Must possess a sense of urgency and a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement. Must have excellent working knowledge of business management principles and practices, financial concepts, and key drivers of profitability and operational performance.
- General Managers must be able to conduct monthly safety meetings for all employees (without exception).
- Responsible for managing all operational activities and multiple carrier contracts
- Must be able to conduct flight audits, station audits, and risk & behavior audits.
- Participate in monthly company safety conference calls.
- Able to communicate and instill safety awareness in all employees, including new hires.
- Work in conjunction with Customer to determine manpower requirements for group movements, peak travel holidays, out of scope and flight schedule changes.
- Oversee recruiting and placement efforts to ensure staffing levels meet requirements and exercise the best possible effort to follow any instructions provided by the Customer or their designee regarding standards, procedures, and practices.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies including FAA, OSHA, EPA, US Dept. of Labor and EEOC.
- Investigate, report and implement corrective action for any incident of aircraft damage or employee injury and conduct/participate in employee coaching and counseling as necessary.
- Oversee any disciplinary action resulting from or potentially leading to termination in order to ensure proper documentation and consistent application of policies.
- Coordinate purchases for operational necessities and ensure adequate supplies are available to meet customer standards.
- Review final payroll and daily hours to ensure salaries and wages remain within budgetary restraints.
- Monitor the impact of operational irregularities on such costs and ensure out of scope is documented and approved accordingly.
- Conduct weekly Lead/Supervisor meetings, daily briefings with GSE mechanic for equipment updates and timely repair, participate in employee shift briefings and customer shift briefings or team meetings as required.
- Observe and ensure full compliance of uniform and appearance guidelines and inspect facility daily including; supply rooms, storage rooms, storage, break rooms and office areas.
- Review all daily, weekly and monthly operational reports to ensure proper dissemination, including but not limited to; shift reports, disciplinary actions, incident reports, safety meeting minutes, monthly summary reports, pay change notices, employee evaluations, work orders, or any other local reporting medium.
- Investigate all service failures including chargeable delays, baggage/cargo/mail mishandling.
- Administer station operational plans such as deicing, FOD, safety, winter operation, and baggage plans.
- Complete personnel evaluations on supervisors, administrative assistants and GSE mechanics.
- Liaise with all customer service, airport, USPS and our customer.
- Respond to and/or investigate concerns reported by customers and supervisory personnel.
- Perform routine visits to the various authorities to discuss issues and concerns. Attend all local airport tenant, security and safety meetings.
- Successful GM will have a deep understanding of their competition and airport activities with opportunities to grow the business.
- Ability to develop and mentor supervisors, leads and aspiring team members to grow their careers
- Bachelor's degree or appropriate combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of Airline industry
- 5+ years of experience managing and leading people with financial responsibility
- Executive presence and understanding of a large corporate environment
- Large scale project management experience
- Experience managing multi-customer market
- Strong strategic skills and business acumen combined with the ability to motivate teams to deliver high-quality standards
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, professional, internal and external work relationships with all stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be a self-directed, highly motivated and proactive leader
- Strong communication skills; written and verbal
- Willing to rotate own schedule to be visible to all clients, team members as needed
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS (not necessary but preferred):
- Self-starter, strong leadership skills with the ability to course-correct operation proactively
- Build strong partnerships in the local community and all airport stakeholders
GAT Airline Ground SupportWhy Work Here?
Come Grow With Us!
RetailView all jobs at GAT Airline Ground Support